44. Bare Minimum

Hailey Aspen-

I always thought I'd be alone, my expectations for men completely unrealistic due to my unhealthy habit of using book romances to satisfy what I thought I'd never have.

Never would I have believed I'd get a man like Travis.

Or a husband like him.

"I love you." I whispered and he kissed me, my lips falling into a smile as my heart fluttered to a pace I hope my son could feel.

Knowing this man would be here for both of us, to love us unconditionally.

This little guy already loved to the moon and back by his mom and dad who already are so in love.

Exhaustion doesn't get rid of this incredible feeling.

His hands moving around the band of the hoodie, after he turned the fosset off, my arms going up as he pulled it over my head.

His eyes widened.

"No wonder your boobs hurt." He whispered and I looked down, my bra small compared to them now.

A symptom that I've been very much enjoying.

Except my fear of them not looking as good as before.

I had no idea why that mattered to me. But it was a subconscious thing happening in my mind.

And I felt guilty for it.

"Turn." He nodded.

I did, his warm hands snapping the clasp as my bra came off my arms and fell to the floor.

He tugged at the sweats, pulling them to the floor as well as my underwear.

"My god you're so pretty." He moved us right in front of the mirror, my naked back pressed to his clothed front.

His hands massaged my stomach, feeling the shape I became familiar with.

I was shy, not embarrassed, but this was new.

This was a new version of me and this man was getting to know that.

"You're so fucking beautiful." His voice cracked and I smiled.

"We did this." I put my hands over his, the warmth incredible on my skin.

"We did mama." He told me.

And I bit my lip feeling our baby's little flutters inside me. Nothing he can feel although I wish he could.

"What?" He asked when I closed my eyes, once again emotional.

"I wish you could feel what I do." I sniffled.

"Does he move?" He asked.

"Kind of." I smiled.

He kissed my hair.

I turned around.

"Arms up." I hummed, pulling his shirt over his head.

I was so excited, as it was now April it was getting warm.