seventeen.

One thing absolutely nothing could've prepared me for was the number of grown men with cameras ready to photograph Joe and me when we arrived at the airport, flashes blinding me as lenses are shoved in my face, everyone yelling "over here!" instead of standing back and snapping whatever they can get.

Joe grips my hand, pulling me gently yet firmly along behind him through the small airport and out to the car.

"How did they get in?" Joe asks, his voice full of anger as he shoots the question towards airport security who apologizes. He ignores them at first, opening the door to the backseat for me and making sure I get inside before talking to the security for a moment and then getting in as well.

"Babe," I say softly.

"I'm alright," he sighs, grabbing my hand. "A little annoyed that they're here to stalk us, but I'm alright."

I nod. "Okay."

Soon making it to the most beautiful resort I've seen, we're escorted to our bungalow and left to settle in, allowing me to plop down on the bed.

Joe walked in a second later, laughing. "Oh, hell no, come on."

"Why?" I whine, rolling over and shoving my head into the pillows.

He laughs, tugging me up by my waist and pulling me towards the glass door, opening it and pushing me forward onto the deck area, a pool available followed by stairs that lead down to the clear water, fish swimming around in schools. A net is to my left, blue pillows laying on it for comfort. Thank God, if not I imagine it would be quite uncomfortable.

"Wow." I breathe.

He grins, holding me from behind and swaying a little. "You like?"

"I love," I say breathlessly, shaking my head. "You outdid yourself."

He kisses my head. "I thought we deserved a bit of uninterrupted calm before the crazy begins."

I laugh, leaning my head back. "It's about to get crazy!"

"Are you ready for it?"

"Nope," I shake my head. "But I am ready for "

"Food?" he asks, giving me a look as I turn to him.

"How'd you know?"

He gives me another look.

"Never mind."

He chuckles. "Let's order something, we can sit out here and enjoy the view."

I nod and he walks away to order food as I change into my pink one-piece swimsuit, throwing my hair into a messy bun and grabbing my sunglasses before lowering myself into the warm pool water, gazing out at the view in front of me.

"Without me?!" Joe says from behind me, his footsteps approaching.

"You took too long," I tell him, turning to look at him.

He laughs, walking back into the bedroom.

My assumption of him changing is proven as he soon jumps in by me, causing a splash that gets my face and hair wet.

"Joe!"

He laughs as he comes to the surface, smiling wide as he wipes the water off my face. "I know, I know, you hate it."

"I don't hate it; I'd just rather expect it."

He chuckles. "Food will be here in a half hour."

I nod. "Well, at least I have that to look forward to."