Six:

Ana
November 10
11:12 am

I've always been good at keeping secrets until I got with this man so it was eating me alive to not say anything because I promised autumn... even though it was very obvious. But I knew that Dre knew I was keeping something from him, the same way I could tell he was keeping something from me. I just don't know what it is yet.

I paced the room, watching Dre stand in the mirror brushing his hair. I knew he knew I was looking at him but he was trying to avoid it

I kept my arms crossed, slowly walking from one end of the room to the other, occasionally letting out a breath

Eventually he stopped what he was doing to look back at me

"Whatchu wanna talk about?"

"Huh?"

"You obviously got something you wanna say"

"Why would you assume that"

Dre made a face at me causing me to laugh

"Ion know why you think I'm dumb or some shit. Whatchu hiding?"

"I'm not the one hiding anything" I casually said as I sat down on the bed. He looked at me confused

"What?"

"wHaT?" I mocked him "don't play with me dre. I know you hiding something. You and Jonathan talked about something because you been acting weird since last night"

"Nah. You and yo sister hiding some"

"We're really not"

He just nodded like he didn't believe me before looking in the mirror again

"You don't believe me?"

"Nah. Cause I know you. And I know whatever it is eating you alive cause you wanna run yo mouth to me. That's why you being extra as hell right now"

I rolled my eyes "you don't know nothing"

"I do. Now tell me whatchu hiding"

"I'll tell you if you tell me what you hiding"

He looked back at me "thought you wasn't hiding nothing"

"No. That's not fair!"

"Nahhhh, ion wanna hear it. You out here keeping secrets and shit"

"Autumn don't want me to tell nobody"

"What? That she pregnant? She really ain making it a secret"

I froze, thinking about it then pointed at him

"TECHNICALLY... I didn't tell you"

"Technically you didn't."

"Okay then. So now I feel better. But she is freaking out a little"

"For what?"

"Destin was a shitty ass babydaddy so she kinda got ptsd.. but we not getting into that right now. What did you and her man talk about? And don't say nothing because I know it's something Deandre"

"He just asked me how you know when you found the one and shit like that"

"He asking all that, he better be putting a ring on my sister finger soon if he feel like she the one"

Dre went back to looking in the mirror and I smiled

"That's what he doing?"

"What?"

I sucked my teeth "say what one more time. Is he proposing to her? You know what, don't tell me!"

"I can't tell you cause ion know myself what he bout to do and when he doing it"