Twenty Eight:

Ana
January 4
6:29 pm

"Girl I don't know what keem did to Braxton but he's been an angel since he came back home" autumn told me as we spoke over the phone

I laughed while fixing my edges in the mirror

Since my birthday was Monday and I told Dre I didn't wanna do anything for it, he took it upon himself to plan me a night out with my girls tonight saying that technically tonight wasn't my birthday

"I wouldn't even wanna know what keem did to traumatize my nephew. But at least he's behaving. That's less stress on your pregnant ass"

"Girl I don't even wanna think about my pregnancy tonight. It's already bad I can't drink"

"It's okay. Tell me every drink on the menu that you would've tried and I'll drink it for you"

"You ain shit"

"I'm tryina let you live through me. Ain nobody told you to get pregnant"

"Ain nobody tell that man to get me pregnant"

"These Nigga don't care" I sat the edge brush down "they just shoot that demon semen in you like it ain nothin. They complain when you all moody and needy for the next 9 or 10 months"

"Well that's gonna be me for the next 28 more weeks. In the meantime take a shot of tequila for me"

"Already did. That's probably why it's taking me so long to get dressed"

"Don't blame the liquor. It always take you forever"

"Girl fuck you" I giggled

"I'm surprised you doing nothing on your actual birthday this year."

"Because first of all, we got this wedding coming up. Can be doing TOO much right now. Especially since I stopped doing events until after the wedding so Dre is the only one making money. Plus I really did just wanna chill with my little family and enjoy the little moments with them cause they getting so big"

"Yeahhh enjoy 'em. Cause they'll be grown as hell before you know it"

"And that's something I'm not ready for"

The phone started to beep from another call and I saw that it was Dre's momma

"Autumn ima call you back. I gotta take this"

"No go ahead. I'll see you later"

"Alright" I replied before switching over the call then looked at myself in the mirror

"Hey ma"

"Hey, what you doing?"

"I'm getting dressed right now. What's up?"

"Nothing. I was just calling to see if y'all were coming over tomorrow because I'm cooking"

I smiled "ouuu. What we eating?"

"Emoni came in here just now begging me to cook her a baked macaroni and some candied yams tomorrow so ima probably just cook a whole soul food meal"

"Emoni was supposed to be coming out with us tonight but she swear she got plans"

"Probably going over to whatever lil boy house she be at all the time. And swear she going to see one of her friends"

"Don't worry. Ima have some words for her tomorrow. But of course we'll be over there tomorrow"

"Okay then. Well finish whatever you doing, I'll see y'all tomorrow. Love you"

"Love you too" I replied before hanging up the phone