Seventeen:

Analise

3:43 pm

Because I found out this morning that my baby likes to read I decided to find a way to add a little reading area even though it was only a few hours before her party. I was gonna do what I had to do to make sure she enjoyed every moment of her party.

After I got dressed I rushed to the store and found a cute rug, some pillows and a small easy to assemble bookshelf to make a the reading area. I also grabbed a good bit of books for them to read and I actually set everything up, with the help of trin, just in time for the party while Dre got the kids together.

For the beginning of the party Gigi mostly sat with the books until she was ready to interact with the rest of the kids.

The party was going good, all of her friends from her new school and her old school showed up, all of her cousins and everybody.

I sat with gio while he played in the ball pit. Dre said gio woke up early this morning so I figured he would be falling asleep sometime soon and based on how cranky he was getting, I know he'll be out in a minute.

He looked down at the ball in his hand before throwing it and reached for me, standing up

"Mama" he called out. I picked him up and put him on my hip watching as he rubbed his eyes

"I knew you was gonna get sleepy soon. That's what you get for waking up early like you grown"

Gio laid his head on me and wrapped his arms around my neck so I rubbed his back walking over to autumn who was standing watching her youngest, Brooklyn dance

"Well don't you look all bright and happy today" I sarcastically said, seeing she looked the exact opposite. Almost like she was irritated

She looked over at me and laughed a little

"Aunties boy going to sleep?" She asked, grabbing Gio's hand and i guess he started smiling at her before turning his head cause she smiled as well

"Why you look like you irritated? Pregnancy beating your ass?"

"Yeah. But that's the least of my problems right now... I almost fought your nephew this morning"

"What did Braxton do?"

"It's the attitude, acting up at school, talking back.. all of it. Then he tried to jump up and fight me this morning. I woke everybody up and told them to come on and get dressed and everything so we wouldn't be late. It turns 12 o'clock and I find out Braxton still in the bed so I went and woke him up. He told me to leave him alone so I then started fussing at him cause who the hell he talkin to?"

"Not my nephew acting like that?"

"Girl yes. But he started fussing back at me so we going back and forth until he eventually got out of his bed and tried to run up on me. Ana if I wasn't pregnant I swear I'd still be on his ass right now as we speak. I'm so done with my son and I hate that it's like that and I hate that I let him get like that"

"Whatchu mean you let him get like that?"

"Cause I know he loved his daddy no matter what so I used him grieving as an excuse to let him get away with a lot and now it got too outta control cause he think ima just let him continued to be disrespectful."

"Don't fault yourself for tryina show some compassion"

"Well it got too far Ana. And he's so mean to Jonathan but turn around and ask him for stuff. Like last week Jonathan was asking him about home homework he didn't do and Braxton to him to mind his business and stop questioning him like he's his daddy. So the next day he came in the room and asked Jonathan to buy him some new game system that he wanted. He was gonna tell Braxton yeah but I told him hell no"