Twenty Five:

(Part 1)

Lea
January 1
2:03 am

I allowed king to stay up past his bedtime for tonight only and the funny thing is this was the one time he actually wanted to go to sleep. After he went to bed I just decided to relax downstairs where it just seemed to quiet and peaceful tonight.

I just laid there on the sofa with my eyes closed as the tv played the joker movie, a movie that king has been loving a little too much recently.

Usually I'm not big on the whole New Year thing but for some reason I could really feel it that this year was gonna be different somehow. I just don't know how.

"Positive thoughts Lea.. positive thoughts" I whispered to myself

I needed this year and every year after to be great because after this past year, I can't do that again at all. I think I'm just better off being single and focusing on just me, my son and my career.

Hearing a knock on the door quickly made me open my eyes. It was 2 in the morning, who in their right mind would come over here this late?

I got up and went to the door, looking through the peephole to see who it was. When I realized it was Khalil I sighed.

This boy just does not know how to quit.

"Lea, can you let me in. Please?" He begged but I continued to stay quiet on the other side of the door

"Come on Lea, I see you through this little glass window thing"

"You need to leave before I call the police"

"And be honest. What can they do? Tell me to leave? Arrest me and let me right back out? Just for me to pop back up again and again until you eventually talk to me and stop avoiding me... come on Lea I just wanna talk to you. Just give me 5 minutes and I'm done bothering you. Forreal"

"Khalil I don't wanna talk. We have anything to talk about"

"Lea. Please. And I promise I'm done after this"

".... Talk"

I could hear him sick his teeth "you can't open the door so I can come in?"

"I don't want you in my house."

"Well can you come outside or something"

I blew a breath, talking my foot before eventually opening the door and stepped outside looking him in his face.

It's funny how once you're over someone it's like your whole perspective about them changes. I no longer found him attractive or anything like that. He messed that up completely by his actions and words. In fact I was actually more disgusted than anything

"Now you have 4 minutes"

"Seriously?" He chuckled

Once he realized that I was serious, he stopped chuckling and started talking

"First of all I wanna apologize for everything. I know I did some fucked up shit but my intention never was to hurt you Lea. I really do love you and even though I know you mad as hell at me right now, you know deep down you love me too"

"But I don't"

"If that's what you believe then Ight. But if you ain love me, you wouldn't have opened the door to talk to me"

"I opened the door so you can get your.... Now 3 minutes.. and leave me alone for good. If you wanna believe in your head that I love you, then cool, whatever helps you sleep at night and stay far away from me. But the reality is I don't love you. I don't even like you"