Ten:

Part 2

Analise

Instead of going out like we planned, we were over at Leas house with food, snacks and liquor, my type of party.

When we got here she was cleaning up broken glass and the living room and kitchen were both a mess so we helped her clean before we chilled out and binged on all this food

Of course she didn't wanna go into detail about whatever happened with Khalil because she don't wanna cause any drama so we discussed it briefly before switching subjects

"So y'all.. thanksgiving is coming up real soon and nobody mentioned shit about it yet" trin said as she sat her cup down "sooo what we doing?"

"We eating. We do need to get that together like YESTERDAY"

"You think you can plan a whole dinner in a week?" Lea asked

"Yeah. Ima event planner, it's what I do" I confidently answered "we just need the location, people and food. Everything else will work itself out"

"Well where's the location? Trin asked "we just gotta make sure it's big enough for everybody cause it's a lot of us"

"It is a lot of y'all... plus the rest of us" I responded to trin.

Lea laughed while trin threw something at me

"I was talking about all of us in general. Fuck you Ana. Y'all bout to stop talkin bout my man and all his kids. And you can't laugh Lea. You got one of em"

"ONE.. so I can laugh"

I smiled hearing lea talk, probably cause I was just a little tipsy "I LOVE your accent. Say it again"

"Say what?"

"Laugh" I repeated, tryina mock her accent which made both her and trin burst out laughing

"I hate you" she jokingly rolled her eyes in the midst of laughing "but we can have it over here. All of this space I have needs to be used somehow. Plus the leftovers can stay here. I haven't had soul food in a while"

"You still don't know how to cook it?"

Lea shook her head "nope. Between working and being a mother I don't have the time to sit and learn so I stick to what I know."

"I would say I'll teach you but I'm not at the teaching level yet. I can cook my ass off in the kitchen, if I feel like it, but I feel like teaching gotta come from the Grandma and great-grands. They give you recipes and lessons. So we'll get my momma and Dre and Darius momma to show you"

"Well at least king gets the best of both worlds" trin shrugged, using a knife to spread some peanut butter on an Oreo before eating it. I looked at her with my face frowned up

"Peanut butter and an Oreo?"

"Don't knock it till you try it. It's good"

"Sounds very pregnant of you" Lea spoke out

"No ma'am! No baby over here" Trin casually boasted while spreading peanut butter on another Oreo "just renewed my birth control and plus I've been making Darius wrap it up the past couple of times"

Both of us looked at trin shocked

"Wait, what?"

"Darius? Using a condom?"

"And did. My birth control wore off and I wasn't taking any chances until I got back on it so I told him no condom, no sex"

"I'm shocked" I clutched my invisible pearls