27-he lives to tell the tale

lee junhyuk

it felt like forever. forever since they admitted shouu in the back. my face was all puffy and red. i don't know how i'm gonna tell everyone if he dies on me.

death. thats what i fear the most. i fear shouu is too far gone for a recovery. i fear his chance of recovery is slim. i can't fucking lose him. i can't lose the love of my life.

i called douhyun. i needed to make sure everyone knows the current situation and the possibilities. "hello?" i sighed. "h-hey douhyun it's junhyuk."

"you sound like you're dying is everything ok?" i began to tear up again. "n-no. shouu got shot. i don't know if he's gonna make it. please tell everyone." i felt my throat closing up, as i choked up on my tears. "what?! oh my god! i'm telling everyone! please update!"

"i will. i'll call later." i hung up and put my head in my hands, still a sobbing mess. "excuse me? you know shimada shouu?" i look up to the doctor, wiping my tears quickly. "yeah. is he ok?"

"we have some good news. he's lucky he's alive."

he's alive. that's all i needed to hear to make me smile. smiling knowing that my love is gonna be ok. "may i go see him?"

"sure. follow me." the doctor led me to shouu's room. i followed happily. "is he awake?" i asked. "he is. the bullet barely missed vital organs. he's gonna make a full recovery."

room c47.

we stopped at that room. "this is his room. he's still a bit groggy from the anesthetics we gave him. my advice is to go a little easy on him." i nodded. i opened the door and walked in slowly.

shouu was awake. he was alive. however, he looked like a bus had hit him. i smiled at him, sitting next to his bedside. "i'll leave you two alone. a nurse will be back to check on you." the doctor says as he leaves, closing the door behind him.

shouu takes my hand, caresing it slowly. "how you feeling?" i asked. "a bit sore." he tells me. i nodded. "understandable." he nods. "i think we should put an end to this and flee the country." he says out of the blue.

"like no more murders?" i asked. he nodded. "what happened to me last night could happen to any one of us. i don't wanna lose any one of the people i killed with, especially you. if i lost you, i would lose half of myself."

his words itself was enough to make me tear up. i get up to hug him, but carefully because of very obvious reasons. "when you were bleeding out after that son of a bitch shot you, i didn't care about hiding his body. all i cared about after i murdered him was you. i thought i was gonna lose you, my other half. the love of my life. hearing that you were gonna be ok was the greatest feeling i've ever felt. i wanna love you for as long as we're alive. i love you shouu. i will flee with you and protect you as much as i physically can."

the tears kept flowing to the point where it was uncontrollable. shouu looked at me, tears in his eyes. "aw baby you're gonna make me cry. i love you so much i don't know what i'd do without you." we both kissed softly. those soft lips i've been craving to kiss since last night, thinking last night was gonna be the last time i'd kiss him like this.

i pulled away, sitting back down. i get my phone out. "you want me to call one of the guys and tell them the good news?" he nodded with a weak smile. "please do."

i nod with a smile. "i'll be right back." i got up and stepped out. i rang douhyun.

"hello?"

"hi douhyun. he's awake. he's gonna make a full recovery." i tell him. "oh that's great! i'm glad!"  i can hear the happiness in his voice. "i also have something else to tell you. tell everyone else." i say. "sure. tell me."

"we need to flee the country and not murder anymore. tell everyone we need to pack."