Chapter 9) Bag

The five climb down the ladder toward the alley, splitting off into two groups. Rick nods at Y/N as he follows T-Dog away. She nods back.

Daryl nudges Glenn. "You've got some balls for a Chinaman."

"I'm Korean."

Daryl shrugs. "Whatever."

Y/N opens the metal fence and Glenn runs through onto the street.

Daryl guards the gate and Y/N faces the other direction of the alley.

Suddenly a young hispanic teen barrels his way down the alley. "Daryl!" Y/N calls out, holding her gun up. Daryl whips around and aims his crossbow at the kid with no hesitation.

The kid holds up his hands. "Whoa whoa! Don't shoot me!"

"I'm lookin' for my brother. You seen him?"

The kid glances at the two before shouting. "Ayúdame!"

Daryl shoves the crossbow against the kids body. "Shut up! You're gonna bring the geeks down on us."

Y/N tries remembering her high school Spanish class. She runs through the possibilities before landing on one.

"Help me." She mumbles.

Daryl glances at her. "What?"

She looks back at him. "Help me. He said 'help me.'"

Daryl curses under his breath. There must be others. Suddenly the kid screams again.

"Ayúdame! Ayúdame! Ayúdame!"

Y/N looks up as two more hispanic men, much larger than the kid, run down the alley.

Before she can react, Daryl gets knocked to the ground. Y/N tries to pull one of the men off him but gets an elbow to the face, causing her to fall to the floor. She wipes the blood from her nose and tries aiming her gun at him but the other man slaps it out of her hand.

Glenn comes back from the street with the bag, to see the men beating up Daryl, and Y/N on the floor. The man beating up Daryl points. "Felipe! That's the bag. Get it vato!"

They quickly jump up and the two mystery men grab the bag of guns from Glenn. He tries fighting them off and the bag falls to the concrete.

Daryl musters enough strength to shoot an arrow into Felipe's backside. The men grab Glenn and shove him into a car, leaving the guns behind. "Get back here!" Daryl says.

Y/N picks up her gun and shoots at the car twice. It does nothing, and the car drives off, leaving a distraught Daryl and Y/N.

"F*ck!" Y/N shouts. She punches the concrete floor in anger.

T-Dog and Rick finally arrive at the alley.

Daryl grabs hold of the teen boy and pulls him to a standing position. "Im gonna kick your nuts into your throat!"

Rick pulls Daryl off the kid. "Whoa. Stop it."

Y/N is slumping against the brick wall. Rick goes to help her and Daryl continues. "They took Glenn. That little bastard and his bastard homie friends."

T-Dog looks up. "Guys, the gate. We gotta go."

The walkers are pushing against the chain-fence, their weight being too much for the metal. Rick wraps his arm around Y/N and helps her stand. Daryl grabs the bag of guns and the sheriff hat that Rick had left when they got in the tank.

"Back to the office. Go!" Rick tells them.
————————————————————————
Back upstairs, Y/N sits in a chair. She has some dried blood under her nose where she was hit. The kid is tied to another chair. Rick stands over him.