Chapter 60) Meeting

Morgan didn't leave with them.

Rick didn't really explain and Y/N didn't press him on it.

Y/N and Carl got the crib they needed and got back in the car with Rick. They got some guns and supplies too.

On the way out of King County, the man with the orange backpack wasn't there. Instead, there was a bloody trail leading to his body. Next to him laid the backpack.

Y/N glances at Rick who shrugs, pulling the car over. Carl hops out and grabs the bag, before they head back to the prison.
————————————————————————
Y/N paces in her and Ricks shared cell. She's holding Judith.

It's been a couple days since they returned from King County.

Andrea set up a meeting with the Governor and with Rick.

He left with Daryl and Hershel to go to this old silo, located between the two communities.

It's been an hour since they left.

The group is antsy. They've been preparing for days.

They all hope that a deal can be made, but deep down everybody knows it's no use.

It's going to end in a fight. It's going to end in bloodshed.

Y/N places Judith in her crib and leaves the cell, entering the main living space where the rest of the group is loading up weapons.

Glenn calls Carl over to him, handing him a few boxes of ammo. "You stash these at the loading dock. All right?"

He nods.

Glenn hands two more boxes to Beth. "Put some up on the catwalk. If anyone gets pinned down we need to make sure that they have plenty of ammo."

He picks up a handful of tools. "I'll go work on the cage outside."

Merle, who was standing off to the side, not helping, speaks. "What we should be doing is loading some of this firepower in a truck and paying a visit to the Governor. We know where he is right now."

Y/N runs a hand across her face in annoyance. "You're suggesting that we just go in and kill him?"

"Yeah, I am."

Michonne rolls her eyes. "We told Rick and Daryl that we'd stay put."

"I've changed my mind, sweetheart. Being on the sideline with my brother out there ain't sitting right with me." Merle replies.

"The three of them are right in the middle of it. No idea we're coming. They could get taken hostage or killed." Tyreese says.

Sasha nods. "A thousand things could go wrong."

"And they will." Merle says.

Carl, who hasn't gone to the loading dock yet, shoots a dirty look at the one handed man. "My dad can take care of himself."

"Sorry, son, but your dad's head could be on a pike real soon."

Y/N shakes her head, gritting her teeth. "Don't say that to him."

Carl leaves the room without acknowledging it.

"It's not the right move." Maggie says. "Not now."

Carol nods. "Can't take the risk of putting them in the crossfire."

"That's our decision. It's final." Y/N says to Merle.
————————————————————————
The cell door clangs from the other room. Glenn's voice suddenly echoes throughout the block.

"Hey, you're not going."

"I don't need permission." Merle's voice replies.

Y/N and Maggie, who were sorting through their current stash of food in the other room, glance at each other.

They both enter the room where all the weapons and ammo are laid out.

Glenn is standing on the small staircase, just having returned from reinforcing the cage. Merle is gathering up weapons and shoving them into a bag.

"I can't let you." Glenn says.

"You can't stop me."

"If you're gonna live here with us, it's gonna be on our terms." Maggie says.

Michonne and Sasha now enter the room.

"If Michonne, Sasha, and Tyreese can do it, why can't you?" Maggie says, raising her voice at the man who now has his back facing them.

He turns back to her, shouting. "Cause it's my brother out there, that's why. What's the matter with yall?"

Y/N walks over to him. "I'm not gonna let you put them in even more danger."

He tries to walk past her. "Get outta my way, girl."

"Watch it." Tyreese warns, entering the room now too.

Glenn stands beside Y/N now. "You aren't leaving." He says.

"Get out of my way." Merle says.

"No."

Merle suddenly shoves Y/N backward into the table, before tackling Glenn to the ground.

Michonne helps Y/N regain her balance as Maggie shouts for Merle to stop.

Y/N looks over and sees that Merle now has a knife to Glenn's throat.

Sasha and Maggie reach forward and rip Merle's arm away from Glenn.

Tyreese grabs Merle, putting him in a chokehold.

People are shouting but go silent when a gunshot goes off. Beth is now standing in the doorway, holding a smoking gun, aimed at the ceiling.

Glenn shoves Merle away from him.

"Let go of me man!" He shouts at Tyreese.

Y/N snatches the bag of weapons away, that fell to the ground in the midst of the chaos before nodding at the beanie-wearing man.

He sighs, letting Merle go, who storms into one of the cells.
————————————————————————
It's hours later by the time Rick, Daryl and Hershel get back.

The group stands around in the cell.

"So, I met this Governor." Rick says. "Sat with him for quite a while."

"Just the two of you?" Merle asks.

"Yeah."

Merle walks past Glenn. "Should've gone when we had the chance, bro."

"He wants the prison." Rick says. "He wants us gone. Dead. He wants us dead, for what we did to Woodbury."

Everyone is silent for a moment.

"We're going to war."
————————————————————————
Authors note: I'm back bitches :)
————————————————————————