Chapter 56) Tombs

Rick draws a diagram on the floor using chalk.

"So you came from here?" He asks, pointing at a section of the picture.

Tyreese nods. "Yes."

Glenn runs a hand through his hair. "We secured that."

Y/N nods, bouncing Judith. "Means there's another breach."

"The whole front of the prison is unsecure. If walkers just strolled in, then it's gonna be cake for a group of armed men." Rick says, standing up from his previously crouched position.

Beth bites her nail. "Why are we even so sure he's gonna attack. Maybe you scared him off."

Michonne speaks from her spot on the floor. She is no longer in a locked cell. "He had fish tanks full of heads. Walkers and humans. Trophies. He's coming."

Glenn looks at Rick. "We should hit him now."

"What?" Maggie asks.

"He won't be expecting it. We'll sneak back in and put a bullet in his head." He tells the group.

Carol shakes her head. "We aren't assassins."

"You know where his apartment is. You and I could end this tonight." Glenn tells Michonne.

She thinks for a moment before nodding.

"Everyone just hold on." Rick says, holding his arms out.

"He didn't know you were coming last time and look what happened. You were almost killed. Daryl was captured. And you and Maggie were almost executed." Hershel says.

Glenn grinds his teeth. "You can't stop me."

"I won't allow this." Rick says, shaking his head.

"What are we waiting for? If he's really on his way, we should be out of here by now." Hershel says.

Glenn sighs. "And go where?"

"We lived on the road all winter."

"Back when you had two legs and we didn't have a baby crying for walkers every four hours."

There's silence for a moment.

"We'll stay put. For now. We're gonna defend this place. Make a stand." Rick says.

The others slowly nod their heads in agreement.

"Carl, you go with Glenn to the tombs. Find out where that breach is." Rick says.

Tyreese stands. "I'll go too."

Rick glances at Y/N who nods.

"Okay." He says.
————————————————————————
It doesn't take long for the three guys to return.

Glenn shakes his head. "The tombs outside the boiler room are overrun again."

Beth shuts the gate. "That whole section had been cleared."

Tyreese takes off his beanie. "It's a steady stream of walkers."

Hershel, who has now joined the group, speaks.
"We're wasting time. The Governor is supposedly on the way and we're stuck in here with walkers."

"Trapped between a rock and a hard place." Carol
says.

Glenn sighs. "For the last time, running is not an option."

"If the tombs have filled up again, it may just be a matter of time before they push in here."

"Or until some fence gives way." Sasha says.