Chapter 41) Time

Y/N wakes up to an empty bed.

She sits up, scanning the room. She smiles when her eyes fall upon Rick. He's in the middle of getting dressed.

He looks at her with a smile when he's done. He walks over to her and leans down, kissing her softly.

She climbs out of bed, getting dressed as well. She looks at him through the mirror when she's fully clothed. "Be honest with me. How loud was I last night?"

"Loud." He smirks, coming up behind her and resting his arms on her hips.

She rolls her eyes, turning around in his arms and kissing him. "You left a lot of hickeys."

There are several purple marks on her neck, trailing down.

He smiles. "Good."

After a moment, they pull apart, exiting the room.

Y/N walks into the lobby first. All heads turn towards them. She recoils slightly at their gaze.

She makes eye contact with Maggie first who raises her eyebrows, very amusingly when she sees the love bites.

Glenn's eyes are big. T-Dog has to hold back a laugh. Hershel and Beth glance at each other. Carol shakes her head with a small giggle. Daryl smirks the tiniest bit. Carl looks around very confused.

Lori stares her down, eyes tracing her neck. She shakes her head in disbelief, going back to whatever she was doing.

Rick walks in front of Y/N. "The plan today is to search the other buildings. We need someone to go on a run for gas. We may need it in case we have to leave at a moments notice."

The others nod.

"We still don't know if anyone is here. Just remember to be quiet." He tells them.

T-Dog starts laughing.

"What?" Rick asks.

"That's not what you were telling Y/N last night."

The others start laughing too. Everyone but Lori. Y/N turns red with embarrassment. Rick chuckles.

"Ohhhhhkay." Glenn says, resting his hands over Carls ears. "We can poke fun at that later, the sun is already above the trees."
————————————————————————
The next few days pass quickly.

The days turn into weeks. The weeks turn into nearly two months. Lori's stomach is starting to show a little now.

It's been a few weeks since Y/N and Rick started their relationship. They never fully put a label on it but everyone knows that she is his and he is hers.

Carl was a little confused at first, thinking that his parents were still together. He got over it though, his short-lived anger overthrown by how much he cares about Y/N.

Every day is similar. They go out in search of materials, checking the nearby areas in and outside of Honey Grove.

Today, was supposed to be no different. Y/N woke up besides Rick, kissing him gently before she got out of bed.

She got dressed and went to open the door but heard an odd noise from the hall.

She slowly reached for her gun. She turned back to say something to Rick but he was still asleep.

She slowly backed away from the door, shaking Rick awake.

He groaned softly, "Wha-" She shut him up by clamping her hand over his mouth. She pointed her gun at the door. He stood quickly, throwing his clothes on and getting his own gun.

He walked up to the door, opening it as quietly as possible. He peered down the hall.

He glanced back at her with concern. He slowly left the room, walking down the hall and into the lobby, gun-raised.

Y/N followed behind him and her stomach dropped. Daryl had his finger up to his lip, indicating for them to be quiet.

Just outside, a group of men are wandering Honey Grove.

They peer their eyes into the cars outside.

Rick now looks back at Y/N. "Get the others." He mouths.

She nods, tip-toeing back to the first room. Hershel and Beth.

They help her warn the others, gathering up Lori, Carl, Carol, T-Dog, Maggie, and Glenn.

Everyone quickly packs up as much as they can into their bags. Now everyone stands in the lobby. The windows are tinted so the men who are outside can't see the group.

Rick holds up his hand. Everyone has their weapons at the ready. The men start to wander, searching for anything. People. Supplies.

Once they are out of sight, Rick motions to head to the cars. T-Dog and Glenn run out first. They help Beth and Carol to the cars.

The others start to follow. Y/N brings up the rear. Everyone tosses their bags into the cars as quickly and quietly as possible.

Suddenly Carl tugs on Y/N's sleeve. "Where's mom?"

Y/N glances around. Her heart drops to her chest. Lori was just with them. Where the hell did she go?

Y/N gently nudges Carl towards Maggie. "I'll find her. I'll be right back."

She quickly makes her way back into the motel. She searches all the rooms. Finally, in the final one, she finds Lori. She's shoving more things into her bag.

"Lori, thank god." Y/N breathes out. "Cmon we have to go."

Lori glances up. "Be right there."

Y/N shakes her head. "No, we have to leave. Now. It's only a matter of time before these guys realize that we are here. If they do, we're gonna have a problem."

Lori rolls her eyes, standing up. "Why do you even care?"

"I care because you're Carls mother."

Lori makes a face. "Not the way I see it. Ever since you showed up, Carl has been attached to your hip."

Y/N runs a hand through her hair. "Lori, we don't have time for this. Let's go."

She opens the door and jumps backward at the sight of a man on the other side.

He suddenly grins, taking a step closer to her.

Y/N's heart drops to her stomach. "Brent?"
————————————————————————