Chapter 51) Conversation

"Oh my god." Y/N whispers.

After leaving the mystery woman in the other room, Daryl led the group into one of the cells.

Carol is alive.

She slowly stands, smiling at the group.

Rick hugs her first. Y/N hugs her after.

"Poor thing fought her way into a cell. Must've passed out. Dehydrated."

After hugging Hershel, Carol notices Beth holding the baby.

She looks back at Rick and tears fill her eyes. She covers her mouth. "Oh god."

Carl starts to tear up. Rick does too. Y/N looks at the ground.
————————————————————————
Y/N follows Rick back into the room with the woman.

She now sits at one of the tables.

Daryl and Hershel also enter the room.

Rick speaks to the woman. "We can tend to that wound for you. Give you a little food and water, and then send you on your way. But you're gonna have to tell us how you found us and why you were carrying formula."

She keeps a stone face as she replies. "The supplies were dropped by a young Asian guy with a pretty girl."

Y/N clenches her jaw, glancing at Daryl.

She's talking about Maggie and Glenn.

"What happened?" Y/N asks.

"Were they attacked?" Hershel asks.

"They were taken." She responds.

"Taken? By who?" Rick asks.

"By the same son of a b*tch who shot me."

Daryl holds up his crossbow. "You better start talking or you're gonna have a much bigger problem than a gunshot wound."

"Find 'em yourself." She says angrily.

Y/N steps in front of his crossbow. "Okay. Enough. All of you get out. Right now."

They look at her.

"I'm serious. Get the f*ck out."

Hesitantly, the three men leave the room, leaving just the woman and Y/N.

When they shut the door, Y/N faces the lady who now stands. "You came here for a reason."

The woman sighs, fighting an internal battle with herself before speaking. "There's a town. Woodbury. About 75 survivors. I think they were taken there."

"A whole town?" Y/N asks.

"It's run by this guy who calls himself the governor— pretty boy, charming, Jim Jones type."

Y/N rubs a hand through her hair. "Does he have muscle?"

"Paramilitary wannabes. They have armed sentries on every wall."

Y/N glances behind her and can see the men watching her through the cell door, listening to the conversation.

She rolls her eyes before turning back to the woman. "Do you know a way in?"

"The place is secure from walkers, but we could slip our way through."

Y/N nods. She seems to be sincere. There's just one thing Y/N can't wrap her head around.

"How'd you know how to get here?"

The woman speaks again. "They mentioned a prison, said which direction it was in, said it was a straight shot."