Chapter 13

Once I had done my business and climbed back off the toilet, I flushed. I heard steps coming into the bathroom, then saw Angie's shoes, Angie knelt down again "Do you want to put on another diaper or should we try a pull-up sweetie?" she held up a diaper and a pull-up, I slowly looked up and looked between the diaper and the pull up, I slowly reached a hand and touched the pull-up then withdrew my hand and started to shake, I was expecting a blow or two, but nothing came. I heard a sharp intake of breath I think it was from Abbie. "The pull-up? That's a good choice sweetheart" Angie held the pull-up up "Can I help you put it on?" I nodded, "Okay sweet girl, step in for me. Once we get this on you, we can go back to bed and I'll see about bringing you a nice bowl of ice cream, would you like that?"

My eyes widened I'd never had ice cream; I'd seen it before but had never tasted it. I nodded my head super-fast. I heard laughter and then Abbie "Have you ever had ice cream Cali?" I shook my head no and looked up to see a frown on her, when she noticed I was looking at her she gave me a soft smile, "Lets fix that then right?"

Once I had the pull-up on, and made it back to my bed, and grabbed teddy, snuggling him close. I grabbed the paper and pen that was on the desk. I wrote quickly then showed it to Angie, she laughed "Yes Sweet girl, I'll go get you a big bowl of ice cream right now." Angie smiled at me then walked out of the room. Abbie and Josh both smiled at me. "You're going to love ice cream Cali" I looked sideways at Josh but didn't really acknowledge him, I wasn't really sure how to communicate with Abbie or Josh, they had been really nice to me so far, but I wasn't sure if they were just faking it yet. "So, if you're wearing a pull-up will you let us know when you need to go potty?" I nodded I hope I could let them know when I needed to go, I didn't want them to have to change me, I didn't want them to touch me really.

Angie walked back into the room and had a bowl and spoon in her hand. She walked over to me and smiled at me, "I got you the best ice cream in town Cali" I looked at the bowl she put on the table in front of me, picking up the spoon I slowly gathered up a small bit of ice cream and brought it up to my mouth. My eyes widened and I immediately dug my spoon back into the bowl for more ice cream. I heard laughter in the room, but I didn't really care nothing could stop me from the goodness of my ice cream. When I was done, I finally looked up and saw Abbie and Josh smiling at me and Angie watching me while she was on the computer screen. I held the bowl out to Angie, when she took the bowl from me, I grabbed my paper and pen and wrote more? Angie laughed "You can have some more tomorrow; I'll get you some more tomorrow after we get the tube out, okay?" I pouted but nodded I wanted more!

"Okay everything looks good for now, tomorrow we will take the tube out, run a few tests then hopefully she can be released either the day after tomorrow or the next, I'll see you all tomorrow morning, have a good night, Abbie and Josh" she turned towards me "And you watch out for Abbie and Josh alright? You keep them out of trouble for me Cali." I smiled and nodded. Angie smiled down at me, then looked at Josh and Abbie and flashed them a smile, then turned around and walked out of the room.

I looked over towards Josh and Abbie, they both gave me small smiles. "Do you have any questions for us Cali?" Abbie asked. I flipped my paper over, it was getting a little full, then wrote my question and turned it so that Abbie and Josh could see it. Abbie smiled at me, "Yes you will come home with Josh and I, we live in Florida, you will love it sweetie." I just widened my eyes at her, where the heck is Florida? And what if I didn't want to go with them?

I decided I was done communicating with people and that I was tired, I laid back down in my bed, grabbed my teddy and snuggled him super tight. Abbie stood up and approached the bed "is it okay if I pull up the covers for you Cali?" I nodded and she grabbed the sheet and pulled it up tucking it into either side of the bed. "You have a nice sleep Cali; we will be here when you wake up."