Chapter 36

I was sat in the stroller with both teddies in my arms, being pushed to the "Park" still wasn't quite sure what a park was but guess I would find out when we got there. Abbie and Gabby were behind the stroller talking, I was looking at all the houses and huge trees we were passing, every house we passed looked huge, almost as big as the one I lived in now. The stroller turned a corner and I saw a playground bigger than the one I hung out at when I ran from hospital, was that considered a "Park"? There were like 4 different play areas. 

The stroller suddenly stopped next to a bench, and Abbie came around to the front of the stroller, she leaned down and smiled at me, "Are you ready to go play, Cali?" She reached into the stroller and unbuckled me, she lifted me up and settled me on her hip, "Why don't we leave teddies in the stroller baby?" I looked at her, then the stroller and nodded, I let her take the teddies from me, and set them back into the stroller. "Good girl, let's go on the swing first." Abbie looked over at Gabby and they both started walking over to the swings, towards the smaller playground, I was set down in a seat that reminded me of my booster seat at home, but it was all enclosed, I grabbed the chain that it was attached too, Gabby was standing in front of me and Abbie moved behind me, all of a sudden I moved, I gasped and looked up at Gabby, She smiled at me, "It's okay, you're swinging baby, isnt it fun?" I managed to get myself to relax, and I smiled at Gabby. I felt like I was a bird, so free and not a care in the world.

The swing stopped suddenly, and I tried to turn around to see Abbie, I was scooped onto her hip suddenly and I gripped her shirt. "Was that fun Cali?" I nodded and looked up at her. "Alright let's go down the slide next." I was walked over to the playground and set down on the stairs leading up the slide, "Alright baby girl, you're going to walk across that bridge right there and sit down at the top of the slide, Gabby and I will be right on the bottom of the slide, okay?" I nodded and climbed up towards the slide, I kept looking back to make sure Abbie or Gabby were there though, I didn't want them to leave me. They were both looking at me and were walking side by side, but it did reassure me that they weren't leaving me, I got up to the top of the slide and sat down, Abbie came and stood right next to me, "Okay Baby girl, You're just going to move your little booty and slide down, Gabby will catch you at the bottom." I nodded and wiggled my butt; I was shocked when I started moving at a fast speed. It took me a minute but then I smiled, this was fun! Gabby caught me at the bottom and twirled me, "Great job Cali, that was fun, wasn't it?" I nodded and then pointed at the slide, I wanted to do that again!

I was set back down on the steps again by Gabby, "Alright head up to the slide again Baby girl." I went down the slide a few more times, once I got the hang of it, I wanted to try the other slide that looked bigger, I pointed to it when I was set down by Abbie this time, "You want to go down that one baby?" I nodded my head and gave her what I hoped were pleading eyes, "Yes Cali, you can go down that one, we will both be at the bottom to catch you okay? I nodded and climbed up and ran over to the other slide, I was so excited, this one looked like so much fun!

I was standing up at the top of the slide, waiting for either Abbie, or Gabby to get to the bottom so they could catch me, when a boy approached me, "Well don't just stand there, go down the slide, or are you too much of a chicken to go down?" I turned around and looked at the boy, I shook my head no, then started trying to spot Abbie, or Gabby in the park, where had they gone? They said they would meet me so that when I went down, they would catch me. All of a sudden I felt hands on my arm, and I was shoved, I was too close to the edge of the slide though, and I landed on my side and slid all the way down to the bottom, where my face came out first and landed right onto the ground. It hurt so much worse than when I got slapped across the face, and I immediately started crying, I wanted Abbie and I wanted her now, I screamed "MOMMY" as loud as I could, I hadn't used my voice in so long, it sounded all scratchy and hoarse. Suddenly, I was picked up and cuddled up against someone, I smelled Abbie, but I was still in so much pain, that I was just crying endlessly, I couldn't breathe, and I was gasping for some air while I was still crying. "Shh, oh my gosh, baby girl, breathe, take a deep breath for me, baby, please." I was still gasping and was trying to control my breathing, but I was having a hard time stopping my tears. "Shit, Gabby! Get me some water from the stroller." 

Happy day after Mother's Day to all the Momma's who are reading this. 

Thank you to everyone who is reading my story and liking/ commenting on my story, I'm so thankful for you all!