Chapter 37

Abbie walked over to a bench and sat down, she settled me on her lap and wiped my face off with her shirt, Gabby took some water on her finger and started rubbing my face and the back of my neck. I was still gasping for air, but my cries were dying down. Abbie started rocking back and forth "Shhh, I know baby, I know." I heard Gabby's voice, "Do we know what happened?" "No, I just heard her scream, I was too concerned with picking her up to look around to try to figure out what happened." "Did you fall Baby?" I shook my head no and leaned into Abbie, I did a big sigh and reached a hand up putting it on her chest. I wanted to feel close to her right now.

"I'm sorry, I don't mean to interrupt, but I saw her land on her cheek, I'm a nurse and wanted to check on her." "Oh, yes please, thank you, did you see how she fell?" "I just happened to see her come out the bottom of the slide when I looked up, she must have gotten scratched up by the mulch at the bottom." Abbie turned me around so that I was facing towards the playground, the lady in front of us, gripped my chin in a soft manner wasn't tight at all, she turned my face so she could look at my cheek. "Oh, you poor thing, there's some slight bruising under her eyes, I'm a little concerned she may have injured her cheek bone" "Thank you, she does have brittle bone but we thought if we kept an eye on her she would be fine, we were on our way to catch her at the bottom of the slide, but we got distracted by a little boy crying because he couldn't find his brother, we were trying to help him find him when we heard her scream." the lady gasped, "If she has brittle bone, I would highly recommend getting her to the hospital to be checked on, she may have broken her cheekbone then, she will need surgery to fix that."

"SURGERY?!" Gabby screeched and I automatically flinched back into Abbie. "Gabby, don't scream around her." "Oh, I'm so sorry Cali." Gabby brought her hand to my back and started patting it. I closed my eyes and relaxed into Abbie; I was so tired. I felt Gabby's hand go away and Abbie tensed up, I opened my eyes and noticed a woman and the boy who pushed me down the slide approaching. I tensed up and looked up at Gabby, my lip started to tremble. Abbie bounced me up and down on her lap, "Can we help you?"

"Yes, I'm so sorry, my son has something he wants to say to your little girl." The lady pushed the boy towards me, and I flinched back, he looked really mad, and I could see that he had tears on the ends of his eyes, I felt sure that they were angry tears, and he was going to slap me or beat me somehow. The woman grabbed his shoulder and squeezed, he flinched and then opened his mouth, but closed it back. "Anthony" the lady gritted her teeth. Anthony must have noticed the tone of her voice and decided to finally say something. "I'msorryIpushedyoudowntheslide." The woman turned him to the side and swatted his backside "apologize properly" he jumped and the tears that were hanging off his eyes started falling, he was turned back to face Abbie and I. "I'm sorry I pushed you down the slide." Abbie gasped, "You were pushed baby?" I didn't know how to answer her, but I gave a small nod.

"I hope you know; this was the first time we had brought her to a park, she's very fragile and will more than likely never want to come here again." Gabby looked over at the woman "I hope he will be punished for this and will learn to treat the youngsters better." "No worries, I will make sure he thinks before he does anything like that again, and I'm sure his daddy will have a lot to discuss with him as well. Especially since he pushed a little girl." "B b but mommy" Anthony started wailing, the women started walking away and dragged Anthony with her. I could hear his crying for quite a while before Abbie started standing up.

"Alright let's go get her checked out at the hospital, thank you very much, umm. I'm sorry I don't know your name." the other lady smiled down at me, "My name's Melanie, I hope she isn't hurt too badly and recovers quickly." "Well thank you Melanie. We had better get her off to get checked out." Gabby went over and grabbed the stroller, and I was handed my teddies, which I started cuddling right away. Abbie and Gabby started walking back towards the house, Gabby just pushed the stroller and Abbie was carrying me, she was hugging me pretty tightly, I felt really loved at the moment even if my face hurt really bad. 

Poor Cali, looks like headed back to the hospital again :( Can this girl ever get a break?

Happy Wednesday everyone! had a day off today so thought I would be nice and publish a chapter for you all. 

Thank you so much for reading my story!  

I'm sorry its short, I always think I write a lot, then I go to post it and it's a short chapter. 

how's everyone liking it so far?