Chapter 20

Josh walked out of the room we were in with me in his arms, I clutched teddy super close to me as I was preparing myself for the loud noises again. As soon as the dour opened I dug my head into Josh's shoulder and whimpered, "It's alright Cali, I know its loud." Josh picked up his pace, "Come on Abbie, let's get her onto the plane." "Alright Josh, you got the tickets in your pocket though, we will need those to board." "I know Abbie, I'll get them out when we get close to the counter, I just want to get her away from the noise."

I felt Josh stop walking after a little bit, then take his hand away from my head which he had been holding, I felt him reach into his pocket and grab what I'm assuming were the tickets. I heard an unknown female voice, "Hello King family, is it the little one's first time flying?" "Yes, it is ma'am, that's she's not very comfortable with all the changes recently she has had to deal with, that's why we asked to board first, she's not handling the noise of the airport very well." "Oh, I understand completely, let's get you all checked in and onto the plane, Alright, Joshua King, I need you to put your finger right on the scanner please, Great thank you, Abigail King, great, and I just need to see Cali King's hand for a moment." My breath hitched when she said that I didn't want to put my hand anywhere I was comfortable on Josh's shoulder. I felt Josh rub my back and Abbie grabbed the hand that wasn't holding teddy, I felt the tears starting to come, "Cali, baby girl I promise this will be super quick, just need your finger for a moment just to scan it to make sure it's you."

Once the whole finger thing was done, which I did very reluctantly, the lady let us go down the hallway that was in front of us. We walked through a doorway, and I could see lots of seats in rows, I was a little nervous they would leave me in this thing, I held my breath as we walked the opposite way that I could see all the seats in, there was a lady standing in front of a curtain and she gave us a big smile when she noticed we were headed her way, "Welcome aboard flight to Florida, come on through King family." She pulled the curtain open, and I saw more seats in rows, but these were really big and nice looking.

Josh put me down in one of the seats, and I let out the breath I was holding, then turned to Abbie, "You want to sit next to her, and I'll take the seat behind, once we take off, she can sit in one of our laps and I can sit with you all." "Okay Josh sounds good, Cali is it okay if I sit next to you and Josh sits behind us?" I nodded my head. I guess that was fine, I didn't know what Josh had meant when he said take-off and was focusing a little on that. "Alright let's get you ready for this flight then Cali." Abbie started digging around in the bag that had been everywhere we went. She pulled out Paci as I watched her, why did she pull out Paci, I only really used it when I was really sleepy. "I know you only us this when your tired baby, but you need something in your mouth when we take off, once we are in the air, I'll take it back and you can have a drink instead okay?" I nodded; alright I didn't understand what take-off was but if Abbie thought I needed Paci for it then I guess I'd listen to her.

We sat there for a while, before we suddenly started moving and I grabbed ahold of Abbies's hand. "It's alright we are just moving towards the runway so we can go up in the air." Abbie leaned over in her seat and started rubbing circles on my back. I heard someone start talking, it echoed all around the area and it was loud. "Please make sure your seats are upright and your tray tables are up and in locked position, we have been cleared for take-off." Abbie leaned back in her seat but made sure she kept ahold of my hand as she started rubbing circles on the back of my hand instead. I felt us start moving at a faster pace and then a strange sensation as though I was falling. I started crying, it felt like when I would be thrown down the stairs. "It's okay Cali, suck on your Paci baby, it helps with the feeling I promise." Once we had been going for a while, I heard a faint ding, then Abbie moving over to me, she picked me up and started rubbing circles on my back and bouncing me up and down. "Shh, it's okay Cali, we are in the air now, I know it's scary, but it will be okay." \

Josh came around and put a hand on my head, he leaned down and gave me a kiss on the top of the head, "I'll see if I can get some milk for her, I think it will help settle her down a little." Josh went out of the row of seats, and headed towards the front of the room, I put my head on Abbie's shoulder and tried to stop crying, I was sucking on Paci super hard trying to get my breathing back under control.

Josh reappeared with the sippy cup I've been drinking out of, it looked like milk in it. "Here you go Cali, this will make you feel much better." He handed it to me, and Abbie took a seat where I had been sitting, and Josh sat in her old seat. "Alright sweet girl, drink your milk, it will make you feel so much better." I nodded my head and took Paci out of my mouth, handing it to Abbie, as I held teddy in hand and brought my sippy cup up to my mouth with my other hand.

Josh was right, I did feel better after I drank the milk, when it was gone, I fell asleep, I didn't really know why I was so tired all the time now, but I seemed to be able to sleep anywhere and all the time now.

When I woke up again, I was still in Abbie's lap and her and Josh seemed to be having a quiet conversation, when they noticed I was awake, Josh gave me a soft smile, "Good morning baby, you have a good nap?" I nodded my head and brought teddy up to rub my eyes across the fur on his body. I noticed Abbie was watching me and I gave her a small smile. "Good morning, we are almost home baby girl, we are preparing for landing now I think." As soon as she said that the lady that had welcomed us into the area, we were in came along, "Do you have any trash?" Abbie shook her head and Josh said, "No we don't thank you, I'll head back to my seat now, thanks for being so accommodating with us." "Oh no worries Mr. King, you can stay there, just make sure when the seat belt sign goes on, it goes around Mrs. King and Cali." "Oh, of course, thank you again ma'am." She walked away and Josh turned to look at me, "You ready to land this plane baby and head home?" I nodded my head; I was ready to get out of this metal death trap thing.

Once we landed, we sat in our seats for a while, Josh told me it was because they wanted to give the other people time to get off, so that we didn't feel rushed to move quickly. Once the lady had come back and told Josh everyone else was gone, he stood up and grabbed my bag, "Abbie can you carry her through the airport, or you want me to?" "No, it's okay Josh, I'll get her." "Alright ladies let's head home."

Finally! Chapter 20, but they are finally home! now the fun can begin! 

is everyone enjoying the chapters? should I make them longer? Shorter? more fluff?  more drama?