Chapter 24

Abbie bounced me around and walked out of the kitchen. She walked through the dining room then headed up the stairs. When she got to the top, she turned the opposite way of my room and headed down the hallway. I had zoned out somewhere between the top of the stairs and when I was set down on a soft surface. "Hey sweet girl, you are okay, can you look at me please?' I shook my head mostly to get myself out of the zone I had gone into, I brought my head up to Abbie, she was crouched in front of me with her hands on my hips, there was a soft smile on her face, but I couldn't bring myself to look at her eyes. "You are okay, no one will ever hurt you again." I just stared at her mouth, I knew they hadn't hurt me yet, but I still didn't quite believe that they wouldn't hit me when I did something they didn't like. I was a bad girl and never did anything right.

"It was very sweet of you to offer to make breakfast for us, but I promise you don't have to do those things anymore okay? We are more than happy just to have you with us, and we want you to experience things that you were supposed to be doing all along. Your new job is to be a kid, can you do that for me?" I brought teddy up to my chest and squeezed him tightly while I thought about what Abbie had said. I shook my head no, I didn't know what a kid was supposed to be doing that I wasn't, I cooked, cleaned, did the grocery shopping when I had been able to find some money, what else was a kid supposed to do? Did she want me to help pick out their clothes as well if she didn't want me to cook?

I hadn't realized that I had started crying until Abbie reached up to wipe my eyes, "Oh baby girl" She picked me up off the bed and started rocking me again. I heard a door opening, Abbie looked up at whoever it was that came into the room, "Good morning Hun, We had a small issue this morning, Cali wanted to make us all breakfast, and then had a small panic attack when Chef Fred tried to move her away from the door so that she didn't get hit by it when I came in." I guess it was Jordan then that had come in. "Good morning, Babe, Poor thing, how's she doing now?" He spoke so quietly I wonder if they knew I had freaked out yesterday because of his voice. I felt Jordan approach Abbie, then a big hand cup my head and start stroking my hair. I immediately stiffened, but then relaxed when he didn't do anything besides just stroking my hair. "You're alright." I heard Abbie murmur.

When I had calmed down and started looking around the room I was in, I noticed a beautiful room, there was a huge bed right in the middle of the room, I think that's where I had been set down earlier. There was a beautiful area off to the side that had two chairs and a huge tv, all the furniture matched and was an amazing room. I must have been taken into Abbie and Jordan's room.

Abbie noticed I had calmed down some she sat down on the bed and brought me around to sit on her lap. "What happened baby?" I shook my head at her, I couldn't tell her, she would be so angry with me. Abbie sighed then hugged me tighter against her body. "Alright Cali, let's go get some breakfast, um?" But apparently, she wasn't actually asking because as I was shaking my head she was standing up and walking towards the bedroom door.

  Abbie headed into the dining room where I noticed that Josh and Gabby were already sitting at the table. "Good morning, how is Cali doing?" "She's alright Josh, we had a little panic attack this morning, but I think we are all better now." Abbie sat down in the same seat she was in yesterday and sat me in her lap, she must have known that I didn't want to sit on my own chair, not only did I not want to sit on my own, but if I was in the chair, I couldn't see the table. "You can't keep putting her on your lap Abbie, we will need to get her a booster seat so she can sit on her own." "I know but she's so small, and I don't mind having her on my lap. I guess we are going shopping today." At that moment Chef Fred came out of the kitchen with his cart full of food. I buried my face into Abbie's chest. I didn't want to face him after this morning's events.

After we had eaten, I managed to eat a half piece of toast, only because Abbie pretty much kept forcing me to take another bite. "Alright let's go shopping!" Gabby looked up at me from her spot at the table, "Oooh can we make it a girl day please?" Josh laughed "Yeah you girls go shopping and have some good bonding time. Jordan and I need to go check on the business anyways." "Awesome come on, let's go get some shoes on, then we can go head off to the shops." Gabby squealed and then leapt up from the table, running out of the room. Josh laughed again, "I guess she is excited to go shopping with you Cali." Abbie stood up and started walking to the door, "Come on Cali, let's go get your shoes. I'm very proud of yourself for dressing yourself this morning."

I know this chapter is a little shorter than normal, but it's an update! :) 

Hope you all enjoyed the chapter though!  

Thank you so much for everyone who has been reading and liking my story, I can't believe how many people have clicked on my story. 

You all are amazing!