Chapter 39

Abbie set me into my car seat in the car, I whimpered and held up my hands to her, I didn't want to sit down, I needed to be held. Abbie Coo'd at me, "You're okay Cali, would you like me to sit by you?" I shook my head and reached up further for her. "We need to sit in our seats so we can go get food baby girl." I shook my head at her and started crying. "Oh no, Cali, don't cry, I'm sorry Babygirl, it's not safe for me to hold you while we are moving, and we are going to start moving as soon as everyone else comes down." Abbie scooted into the seat next to me and leaned into my seat and gave me a kiss on the forehead, I just wanted to be held though and as soon as I realized she was giving me a kiss I reached up and grabbed her shirt, she couldn't move away from me. "Cali? Baby girl? I need you to let go of my shirt please." I shook my head and tried to bring her closer to me, but I wasn't as strong as I thought I was because she didn't even move. Abbie brought her hand up to my hand and pried my hand away from her shirt, I cried louder and gripped her finger instead. "Oh, you poor thing, I'm so sorry baby."

"What's going on? Why is she crying?" I think it was Jordan that had asked the questions, but I couldn't tell as I was crying too much to really pay attention. "She wants me to hold her, but I figured we would be going as soon as you all got here." "Aww, poor Cali, let's find the closest restaurant we can, she sounds distressed." "Agreed, Drive Josh wherever you see the first place to eat, pull in." We started moving and my cries got louder, I still didn't like the car at all and I really wanted out. I started hiccupping while I was sobbing and I started whispering "Mommy" Gabby gasped and stared down at me, "She called you mommy, Abbie." "Yeah, apparently that was her at the park, and she said it when we were walking back home as well, but we were so caught up with trying to rush her home to get to the hospital, that we just overlooked it." "Mommy, mad, mommy, mad" I kept whispering and started rocking back and forth in the car seat.

I was quickly grabbed from my car seat, "Shhh, mommies not mad at you Babygirl, it's just unsafe to hold you when the car is moving." I stuck my head on her shoulder and sniffled, I gripped her shirt and closed my eyes, I just wanted cuddles. Abbie climbed out of the car and started swaying back and forth. "Oh, poor baby, at least she isn't crying anymore though." Gabby came and put her hand on my back and rubbed her hand up and down. "Come on ladies, let's go get some food, I thought you were starving Abbie?" "I was Jordan, but the baby comes first!" We all walked into the building, "Hi welcome to Cheddar's, five? Highchair or booster seat for the little one?" "Hi there, thank you, could we do a booster seat please?" I watched the lady grab some menus and walk over and grab a booster seat, then she started walking into the main restaurant, everyone started following behind her, I kept my head on Abbie's shoulder and watched the lady walk over to a table with benches on either side. "Here's your table, your waiter will be with you all shortly." "Thank you, I'll take the booster seat over here." Josh grabbed the booster and set it down on the side of the table he was sliding into. Abbie tried to pass me to Josh and I whimpered and tightened my hold on her shirt. "You don't want to sit in your seat Cali?" I shook my head no and whispered "Mommy" "Okay, Okay no worries, I'll hold onto you baby." Abbie sat down across from Josh and Gabby and Jordan slid into the seat next to Abbie, Abbie, set me in her lap so that I was facing her, I loosened my hold on her shirt and moved my hand to the top of her boob, I patted her chest then looked up at Abbie. She smiled down at me, "Hi baby are you feeling better?" I nodded then laid my head down on her chest, I closed my eyes, I super tired all of a sudden.

I'm so sorry its short you all! I promise I will make Monday's longer; I worked six days straight and I'm a little burned out right now, but I knew I needed to get an update out for you all. 

I hope it's okay! Thank you to everyone for sticking me with and enjoying my story!