Chapter 18

I slowly blinked my eyes open and looked around, somehow, I was in the crib, I must have fallen asleep on Abbie, and she put me in the crib after I was out. Teddy was tugged into my arms, and I was sucking on something, I crossed my eyes and reached up to my mouth with one hand, pulling the item out of my mouth it was a weird looking thing but it was soothing to suck on so I stuck it back in my mouth and then sat up and started looking around, Abbie was sleeping in the bed closest to me, but the other bed which I am assuming was Josh's was empty but I could tell someone had been sleeping in it. I startled when the door opened, and Josh walked in with some bags in hand, He didn't notice that I was sitting up in the cri, but he walked over to the T.V. stand and set the bags down, he turned around and looked at Abbie then turned his attention to the Crib, noticing that I was awake he let out a soft smile.

"Good morning, Cali, you slept a long time, you must have been really sleepy uh?" Josh approached the crib and picked me up settling me on his hip he walked towards the empty bed, "Let's get you changed then we will get some food in you sweetie, we will try to let Abbie sleep for a little bit." He smiled at me as he was laying me down on the bed, I held teddy close as I was laid down and I studied him as he was digging through the bag at the end of the bed, He pulled out a fresh pull-up and some wipes.

Once I was all changed, he picked me back up and walked over to the chair in the corner of the room, setting me down he smiled down at me, "you sit here for just a moment while I grab your food for you, Okay Cali?" I nodded my head yes at him as he walked away. He walked back to the bags and then started digging around into them. He seemed to have found what he was looking for and turned around and started back to me with something wrapped up and a drink it looked in his hands. He smiled at me and set them down in front of me on the table. He crouched down in front of me, "In order to eat can I take your Paci baby?" I gave him a questioning look and he chuckled "It's in your mouth baby that's a Paci." Oh, the thing I had in my mouth was a Paci, I nodded and grabbed it out of mouth and handed it to him. "Thank you, Cali, I'll put it right next to your food, you can have it back after you eat if you'd like." I nodded again and then set teddy next to me in the chair so I could use both hands for the yummy food in front of me. "Alright Cali, I got you a breakfast sandwich with sausage and cheese and some hashbrowns with a small bottle of milk." Josh unwrapped my sandwich and then opened my milk for me. I smiled at him then grabbed a hashbrown and popped it in my mouth, I hummed and wiggled my butt a little bit, it was really good. I heard Josh laugh softly "Is that good baby?" I nodded and grabbed the sandwich. Josh stood up and walked back over to the bag of food and started digging into it pulling out his own food I assume. I turned my attention back to my food and ate almost all of it, there were a few hashbrowns left and half the sandwich. I did drink all the milk though I couldn't let that go to waste.

I reached up to the table for my Paci and grabbed it, then popped it into my mouth. I wiggled myself off the chair, grabbed teddy, then walked over to the window, I moved the curtain slightly and looked down at the pool, I really wanted to go down there and check it out. "What are you looking at Cali?" I jumped slightly, I kind of forgot I wasn't alone in the room, I looked back towards Josh and gave a small smile then pointed down towards the pool. "We did tell you we could check out the pool last night, didn't we?" I nodded my head and looked over towards him, "Alright let's get you changed and wake Abbie up, we will hang out at the hotel today, that way you can check out the pool. Do you know how to swim Cali?" I shook my head at him, I didn't know how to swim, but I could stay where my feet touch. "Aww that's okay Cali, we will make sure not to leave you alone in the pool then, I'd like you to stay either with me or Abbie while you're swimming though."

I nodded my head yes; I suppose I could stay with them if it meant I could swim. Josh came and picked me up and took me over to the bag on the ground, "Okay Cali, which swimsuit would you like to wear?" He pulled out quite a few different items and laid them down on top of the bag, I looked at all of them, then picked out a pretty little yellow suit that I fell in love with. He grabbed the item and then put the rest back into the bag. "Good choice Cali, do you want me to change you or Abbie?" I thought about that, I mean he had already changed my pull-up anyways guess I could let him change me. I pointed towards him, and he smiled. "Me? Okay let's wake Abbie so she can get ready while I am changing you then."

Josh walked over to Abbie's bed and touched her head "Abbie, it's time to get up, Cali wants to go swimming." He touched her shoulder and started shaking her slightly. Abbie groaned "Alright, Alright I'm up." She sat up in the bed and smiled when she saw me in Josh's arm, "Good morning, Cali, you want to go swimming uh?" I nodded my head yes and gave her a small smile. "Alright let me go to the bathroom and get my bathing suit on then." Abbie started to get up and Josh stepped away from the bed so there was space for her to move. "Alright, while you get dressed, I'm going to get Cali ready, then you can watch her while I change." Abbie looked up surprised "She's okay with you changing her?" Josh looked down at me and smiled "Yeah I changed her pull-up when she woke up as well." Abbie nodded "Well that's great news, Isn't it Cali?" I just tucked my head into Josh's neck I didn't want to answer that, they had both been nice to me so far, but I didn't want to do anything to make them mad at me.

"Alright, let's get you changed so we can have a fun day at the pool today." Abbie walked off into the bathroom, and Josh made quick work of changing me into a swim diaper and the suit I had picked out. Once Abbie came out, and Josh went into the bathroom to change, Abbie went around the room and gathered up some towels and these weird things that she put her mouth on and it grew bigger. Josh walked out of the bathroom and came over to the bed I was sitting on, "Alright, so first thing can we leave Paci here so that it doesn't get lost in the pool?" I nodded and grabbed Paci out of my mouth and handed it to him, then handed teddy to him as well, I didn't want him to get lost as well. Josh looked surprised when I handed him teddy, "Oh good job Cali, thank you I feel honored that you let me have teddy, we will put him right here for when you come back up." He set teddy right in the middle of the bed. "Okay so we have some rules for the pool okay, Cali?" I nodded, I was used to rules and knew what would happen if I didn't follow them. "Alright so you stay where we can see you, you don't wander off by yourself, you stay with either Abbie or I and last but most important you have all the fun you can. Can you do that for me Cali?" I nodded my head super-fast, stay with Abbie or Josh got it. "Alright off we go to the pool then!" Josh picked me up and settled me on his hip then started walking towards the door, "Let's go Abbie, you're being a slowpoke!"

I giggled and looked back at Abbie, she rolled her eyes "I'm coming, had to get the towels and some water wings for Cali."