Chapter 31

The next morning, I sensed someone picking me up and I whimpered, I didn't want to wake up yet. I was shushed by a voice, then I was laid down on a soft surface, next thing I knew I was cold, and I whimpered again, "Oh I know sweetie, I'm going as fast as I can." sounded like Josh I think, but I didn't really try too hard, my body didn't seem to think that I was in danger as I couldn't open my eyes, something was put up to my lips and was pushed into my mouth, my mouth automatically closed around the object and I started suckling on it. "See all better Baby girl, we just need to put your dress on, then we can get in the car, you keep sleeping." Something slipped over my head, then I felt something going on my feet.

I was picked back up again, and sensed we were walking, I snuggled into the warmth and fell into a deep sleep again. I heard a lot of voices, and I started wiggling, I was not happy about all the voices, and I voiced my displeasure by bringing my hands up to my ears. "Oh, I know, there's so much noise in here, I'm sorry baby girl." I blinked my eyes open and saw Josh smiling down at me, I chanced looking around and noticed I was in a room, with lots of chairs, and a lot of people, there seemed to be a lot of kids clustered in a corner of the room, I looked over to the other side and saw Abbie walking towards us, I was happy to see her, but I was still a little groggy. I turned back into Josh's chest and wiggled a little bit.

Abbie came over and sat down next to Josh and rubbed my back, I turned my head to look at her and gave her a smile. She smiled back at me, "Good Morning Baby girl." I felt Josh's chest start vibrating, "Is she all checked in?" "Yeah, filled out her paperwork with what we know, the lady behind the desk, said we should be soon in a few minutes." Abbie bent down and started going through a bag that was on the floor, she brought something up in her hand, "Here Baby girl, we brought you some milk, let me take your Paci, and you can have it." My Paci? What was she talking about? Abbie reached towards my face, and I flinched back, she slowed her movement, "I'm just grabbing your Paci baby, you're fine." All of a sudden I realized something was in my mouth, I crossed my eyes and tried to look down to my mouth, I saw Abbie's hand reach to my mouth and grab the object, she pulled it out of my mouth, I followed her hand pulling it away, and then her other hand come over to me and move the sippy cup so I could grab it. I took the sippy from her and brought it up my mouth, I started drinking as I watched Abbie slide the Paci into the bag.

"Cali King?" I looked around as Josh stood up, who was calling my name? There was a lady standing by a door that she was holding open, Josh started walking towards her, and I looked behind him to make sure Abbie was coming too, I saw her stand up and grab the bag, then start following us. I looked back at the lady who had called my name, we had gotten closer to her, she gave me a smile, "Good Morning, how are we doing today?" "Doing alright, she's just woken up, so she's still trying to figure out what's going on." "Aww, well it is still early, let's go into exam room 4, it's on the right side there." Josh walked into I guess exam room 4, Abbie trailed us in, then came the lady that called my name, she shut the door once we were all in. "Alright can you sit Cali up on the table there please?" I was sat onto this weird crinkly thing, there seemed to be paper that I was sitting on, I kind of wiggled a little, then held up my hands to Josh, I didn't want to sit on this thing.

Josh moved in front of me, and I leaned into him, he started rubbing my back, "Baby girl, I can't hold you right now, the nice nurse needs to check on your vitals." I went to stick my fingers in my mouth when I heard he wouldn't pick me up, but I forgot I still had my sippy cup in my hand, I brought that up to my mouth and started chewing on the mouthpiece. Josh reached over and grabbed the sippy cup, "Cali, don't chew on that please, Abbie, will you grab her Paci please?" Abbie came over with the Paci and swapped it with the sippy cup, I popped the Paci in my mouth.

The nurse lady came over, "One of you can sit up on the table with her if it makes her more comfortable." Abbie looked at Josh and then back at me, "Do you want one of us to sit with you baby?" I nodded my head and then pointed to her, she smiled at me then sat down on the table and dragged me into her lap. The nurse lady came over "I'm going to check her ears, and vitals for now, then we will run out to the hallway and weigh her and get her height." She stuck something in my ear and I squirmed, I wanted it out, it felt weird in my ear. "I know, you don't like it, I'm almost done." She moved it out pretty fast, then stuck the same thing in my other ear. She moved that out, then stuck something on my arm, "Alright Cali, deep breathe for me please, okay let it out." my arm started being squeezed and I started tugging on it, trying to get it off, it seemed to be getting tighter, the nurse must have sensed me getting ready to panic, because she quickly unhooked it and pulled my arm out of it, "We will try that again later, lets head out to the hallway, hopefully that will calm her down a little." Abbie stood up with me in her arms, she started rubbing my back "Shhh, I know sweetheart, you're okay."

We walked out into the hallway, and I was set down on this flat raised surface, I immediately turned around raised my hands back to Abbie. She grabbed my hands but made no effort to pick me up, I tried to grab her hands and lift myself up, but she was holding my hands at a height that I couldn't get a good grip, I started crying and lifted a foot up, "I know Cali, just a minute okay Baby?" I let go of her hands and plopped myself down and started crying harder, I don't know why she wouldn't pick me up, none of them had denied me since I had meet them. "Okay, you can grab her now, I'm sorry." Abbie was quick to pick me back up and bounce me gently up and down. "Shh, I'm sorry baby, just one last thing that I can't hold you for, then we can snuggle baby."  

I ended up splitting the chapter into two parts everyone, sorry there's still more to come about the Doctor visit, but it was getting long :) 

Hope everyone is doing okay and has a great week! 

Also finding the pictures for the beginning is almost as fun as writing the chapter :)