Chapter 33

Abbie finally walked out of the doctor's office and walked us to the car. "Hey Babygirl, where would you like to go to eat?" I cocked my head and looked up at Abbie, why would I get to answer that, and why would we go out to eat? She smiled at me and bounced me a little bit, I clung onto her and had a moment where I thought she might drop me, I tightened my grip and whimpered. "Shh, you are alright, I'm sorry I wouldn't have dropped you, let's get you in the car and I'll see what I can find for restaurants around here."

I was placed in my car seat, and Abbie did up the buckles, then shut my door and walked around to the other side, she slid into the seat next to me and pulled out her phone. "Alright, let's see what's around here for breakfast places." She started typing something on her phone, then a list of things popped up, "Mhm, let's see, Grams Kitchen, The egg place, I-hop, donuts, Another broken egg, Denny's. What sounds good to you sweetie?" She looked over at me and I stared up at her face, I had never heard of any of those places, I didn't know what she wanted me to say, so I just shrugged my shoulders.

"You don't know, that's okay we will see what Josh says when he comes back out, there's not a wrong choice though baby." At that moment the driver door opened, and Josh got into the drivers set, alright all set, where we headed for breakfast ladies?" "There's an I-hop, Dennys, or Another broken egg, just a little way away, or Grams Kitchen, The egg place, or donuts, further away." "How do you ladies feel about Another Broken egg?" Abbie looked over at me, "Yeah? Does that sound good Cali?" I shrugged my shoulders at her, I didn't know what it was anyways. "Alright Josh, let's go there, I'm sure we can get something that Cali will enjoy there." "Alright everyone buckled? let's go get some breakfast!" He turned around and smiled at me, then turned around and started driving.

A short ride later, Josh was pulling into a parking space, and Abbie was unbuckling me from my seat. "I'm going to go see if there's a wait and if we can have a booth in the corner, so Cali doesn't get too overwhelmed." "Good idea Josh, can you ask them for a booster seat as well, since we didn't bring that new seat, we got her?" "Of course, Abbie, be right back." Josh walked away, I'm assuming to go into the restaurant, Abbie grabbed me out of my seat, then climbed out of the car, she settled me on her hip and then grabbed my bag. "Can't forget to lock the car, can we?" I heard beeping and looked up at the noise then looked up at Abbie, she smiled at me, "I just locked the car baby girl, we are going to go get some yummies in your tummy!" Abbie started walking towards the entrance, and Josh came walking towards us, "No wait and the booth in the corner is open so we can sit there." "Oh perfect, time for breakfast!"

Abbie settled me into the booster seat that was in the booth, then slid right next to me, Josh slid into the seat on the other side of the table. "Here's your menu Cali, let me know what you what to eat okay baby?" I looked up at Abbie and gave her a confused look, how did I know what I wanted? "Look baby, here's the list of kid meals, do you want Pancakes, Chocolate chip pancakes, waffles, scrambled eggs and bacon, or French toast?" I thought about it, then picked up the crayon that was sitting by me and wrote chocolate chip pancakes, on the menu in front of me. Abbie smiled at me, "you want the chocolate chip pancakes baby?" I nodded my head and gave her a small smile. "Okay and to drink? Apple Juice or Milk?" I wrote down Apple juice on the menu then looked up at Abbie with a smile on my face. "Apple Juice? Okay baby, we will let the waiter know when they come over, you can color on the menu while we wait." I looked up at her, then back down at the menu, could I color on it? What kind of menu was this? "Look baby, like this." Abbie picked up one of the crayons, then took a corner of the paper and drew a circle on it. Oh, now I got it, I could color on it cool. I gave her a big smile, then started coloring in the pretty picture that was on there.

Abbie and Josh started talking, but I was very invested in my picture, had to make sure I stayed in the lines. I looked up when someone approached the table. "Hi, Welcome to Another Broken Egg, my name's J, have you all been here before?" "Oh yeah we've been here before, thank you." "Alright can I start you all off with drinks, or have you decided what you want to eat as well?" Abbie and Josh looked at each other, then Josh looked back at the waitress, "I think we are ready to order food as well, we would like to order some Beignets, the little one has never tried them, then I'll have the Floridan omelet with a coffee please." "Half-size order of beignets or full?" "Just half please." "English muffin, and grits or Country potatoes?" "Uh, yeah English muffin is fine and country potatoes please." "Alright, and what would you like ma'am?" "I'll have the bourbon street pancakes with scrambled eggs and bacon, with a glass of orange juice please." "What about the little one?" "Oh, she will have the chocolate chip pancakes with Apple juice please." "Alright, I'll put this in, and food should be out shortly." The waiter walked away, and Josh and Abbie started talking again.

"So do you really think you want to breastfeed her?" "I don't know Josh, we will have to see what Cali thinks of it, I don't want to push her into something that she may not want, but I would like to try, you know how upset I was when I found out I'd never be able to have my own baby." "Cali, sweetie, have you thought about what happened at the doctor's office, about breastfeeding?" I looked up at Josh and then looked over at Abbie, I shrugged my shoulders. I wasn't really sure how I felt about breastfeeding. "That's okay Cali, we can do some research when we get home and go off that, if you don't want to, that's fine, we can just make you drink more pedia-sure." Abbie laughed and Josh gave me a really big smile, I was already drinking pretty much only pedia-sure at this point anyways.

Once the food had come and we had eaten, I decided that I really like beignets, they were so good, I ate almost all of them and then couldn't eat more than like two bites of my pancakes, but they were really good too. Josh paid the bill and then started getting up, "alright ladies, lets head home and go do some research and talk as a big happy family." Abbie stood up and then reached over to me and scooped me up, settling me on her hip, "Off to home we go!" Abbie started marching towards the door, she was bouncing me up and down, I started giggling and clutched her shirt really tightly, I didn't want her to drop me, but I was really happy as well. Abbie stopped and looked down at me, "Oh baby girl, I love your laugh, it's such a great sound to hear."   

Guys, I can't believe I wrote a whole chapter of them just at the restaurant! 

I can't believe how many readers I have for this story, thank you so much to everyone who has read my story and continues to read it, you all make my day! :)