Chapter 35

I felt someone patting my back and I gave a little grunt; I was dreaming of hanging out with puppies and unicorns, I didn't want to say goodbye to them yet. "Oh, I know, you're so sleepy, but it's time to get up, you sleep any longer and you won't be tired tonight." I recognized Abbie's voice, but I turned my head the other way hoping that she would leave me alone, I wanted the puppies and unicorns back. I felt myself being lifted and I let out a cry, why couldn't she let me sleep? "Oh Baby, I know, I'm so sorry, you've got to wake up though, you've been sleeping for three hours. Let's get your diaper changed and get you a snack and a drink, then I have a little surprise for you." I was set down on my back and I recognized the texture of the table they always laid me on. I clutched teddy and brought him up to my face and rubbed my eyes with him. "Good morning baby, did you sleep well?" I blinked my eyes open and stared up at Abbie, she was smiling at me, she stuck my Paci in my mouth, I started suckling on it while I was staring at her. She started changing me and I whined when I felt the cold air touch me, "Oh you poor thing, hold on, I'm going as fast as I can."

Once I was changed, I was picked up and set on Abbie's hip, she gave me a big hug, "Alright Cali, let's go get some food in your tummy." She brought her free hand to my stomach and tickled me, I smiled up at her, but was a little confused with what she had done. She smiled down at me, then put her hand on my back and patted me. We walked down the stairs and into the dining room, I heard talking before we even made it through the doors, and I tensed for a moment before I recognized Josh's, Jordan's and Gabby's voices. "Look who I found!" Everyone turned to look at Abbie, and I tucked my head into her neck. "Good morning, Cali, did you have a nice nap?"

I was sat down in my seat, and I looked around at everyone, it looked like they were eating a full meal, I hope they didn't expect me to eat all that food, I still had trouble even just finishing one little square of a sandwich. A plate was set in front of me, with some fishies and strawberries on it, "Alright here's your snack and I'll go grab some juice for you okay baby?" Abbie ran her fingers through my hair, and I leaned back so I could look up at her, she smiled at me, and I nodded, I was thirsty, and some juice sounded good. Abbie took her hands away from my hair, then headed through the swinging door into the kitchen. I looked around at everyone else, Josh smiled at me, "Are you hungry Cali?" I looked at him, then my plate, I reached over and grabbed a strawberry, I popped it into my mouth and my eyes widened and I wiggled in my chair, that was the best strawberry I had ever had! I grabbed another one and shoved it into my mouth, even though I wasn't done chewing the last one, Gabby laughed, "Guess you like strawberries baby?" I nodded my head as I was looking up at her and gave her a smile, then looked back down at my plate and grabbed another strawberry, before I could stick it in my mouth though, my hand was grabbed and I couldn't shove my hand in my mouth, I whimpered and looked at who had grabbed my hand. "Cali, I'm so glad you like the strawberries, but please slow down, chew the strawberry in your mouth first." My lip stuck out and I felt tears welling up in my eyes, I stared at Josh and thought he might be mad at me, but didn't they want me to eat? Was it all a joke to them, were they going to get my hopes up on food, then beat me for it?"

Josh's face softened when he saw my face, "Cali, I want you to eat, but I don't want you to choke on your food, okay baby?" He reached his hand up and wiped my eyes for me. He let go of my hand, but I had suddenly decided that I didn't want anymore, I put the strawberry in my hand back on the plate. Abbie chose that moment to walk back into the room, she paused for a moment, then looked at me, "What happened, who made you cry baby?" She was by my side instantly and picked me up from my seat, she started swaying and patting my bottom. I sniffled and buried my head in her neck. "Shhh, it's okay." "I'm sorry Cali, Abbie, I just wanted her to slow down, she was going to choke if she kept eating so fast." I heard a lot of arguing, but I couldn't keep up with what they were saying, I whimpered because the noise was getting too much for me. "Alright, enough, we will talk later, we are upsetting her again, guys! "

Abbie sat down in a chair and brought me to sit on her lap, "Look sweetie, I brought you some juice, I bet you will feel better when you've had some to drink." I grabbed the sippy cup from her and brought it to my mouth. Once I started drinking, I did relax slightly, how did she know it would make me feel better? "Are you ready to hear what the surprise is baby?" I looked at her, then looked at everyone else who was watching me, I looked back up at Abbie and stopped drinking. "We are gonna go to the park! Isn't that exciting?" I blinked my eyes at her, then looked back at everyone else, the what? "We thought it would be a good way for you to get some fresh air, and to interact with some other kids' baby, Gabby and I are going to take you, so Jordan and Josh can go check out an issue that came up with the business we have."  

Happy Monday everyone!!!! 

Hope you enjoy this chapter, what do you think is going to happen at the park? or if anything at all will happen? 

Remember to drink water everyone!