3.

Alessandro pov

Earlier

13 fucking years ago we got fucking spiked by the Russian mafia. No that's not only thing, but they also fucking kidnapped our girls, and we don't know where they are to this day, they could be dead in a ditch for all I know.
(Spiked means that they got drugged)

Once I'm done throwing myself a pity party, I go back to searching for them. This has been my routine every day after I gave my mafia to Leonardo.

While I'm thinking and tasting on my computer for any leads my phone rings. I look at the id of the call to see that it's a random number. I sigh and run a frustrated hand thru my hair before I answer.

(Alessandro) (caller)

"Hello, is this Alessandro Romano speaking?

"Yes, this is he. What do you want" I ask annoyed

"Hi, my name is officer De-Costa, I'm here to talk about Scarlett and Stella. Their former caretaker died this morning, and we were wondering if you would take them inn.

I almost lose my phone because of how shaky my hand is right now.

"hello are you there?

"Yes, yes I would like to take them in." I say quickly.

"that's very good, can you come down to Spain to finalize the paperwork and take the girls home?"

"Yes, I will be on my way right now."  We talk for a few minutes before I hang up.

"LEO COME DOWNSTAIRS NOW!" I scream at him.

A few minutes later comes a tired looking Leo with bags under his eyes. The minute he spots me he looks at me weirdly then looks behind him. He then looks back to me rubs his eyes while looking at me again.

"Why are you smiling." He says looking suspicious.
"We found them" I say with tears in my eyes.
"Found who?" he asked looking very confused.
"The twins, idiota" shaking my head in the process.
(idiot)

He just stood there shocked with tears forming in his eyes.
"that's not funny dad. That is not a fucking joke" he said angerly.
"I'm not kidding son; they are coming home." I said calmly not to anger him more.
"that's not fucking funny" he says on the verge of crying. Still not believing me.

"They are coming back home Leo" I say one last time hugging him. That's all it took for him to start crying.

After a few minutes he recomposes "well where are they" he asks.
"They are currently in Spain, so we are going there right now." I call my pilot and tell him to get the jet ready for us.

We sit down on the plane and start working on the mafia. I may have given up the mafia, but I will help where I can.
"Do you think they will like us?" he asked me suddenly nervous." I hope they will, if not we will love them anyways."

"Fuck we forgot to tell mom and the others" he says panicking. "I got It handled" I say smiling.

AT THE POLICE STATION

"Hi, I'm Alessandro Romeo. I'm here to finalize some paperwork for my daughters" I say to the receptionist who looks at us in fear.

"y-yes-s go i-in that o-office" she stammers pointing to the office at the end of the hall.

"Thank you" Leo says quickly and walks to the office. I knock on the door and hear a "come in" I open the door and walk to one of the seats.

Once I'm sat, I speak "where are the papers I will sign them now" my voice filled with authority.
I fill out all the papers and give them to the officer. "If you want to you can collect them at school now." "Yes, we would like that" and soon were on our way to the school.

We arrive at the school and begin our walk in. we find our way to the principal's office. We knock and go inside.

It's a classic brown wood office with a desk in the middle.

"Hi, welcome you must be the Romano's." the man says and held out a hand for me to shake. I take his hand and says, "yes that's us, can you tell us a little about the girls?" I question him.

"Ah yes I can." He says looking a little nervous. Mumbling something like 'she's going to kill me' "Stella is a very good student. She's never really in trouble. She's a really polite and sweet girl." He speaks.

Still the sweet girl I remember, I hope they have had it alright the last 13 years.

"Scarlett is a different story; she is often in fights. She skips or is late to class. She can be sweet, but its only to people close to her. She can be very distance even to Stella, but she's very protective over her.
Once Stella came late to the class and the teacher started yelling at her, that teacher ended up in the hospital." He thinks before he speaks again.

"Scarlett is a very good friend of mine, but she would beat me up without thought if it were for stella. You should be careful with how you talk and act around stella, I've seen Scarlett take down people many times her size." He finishes looking deep in thought.

Still protective over her sister, but what happened to the sweet girl I once knew? I question myself as he calls the girls to the office.
We stand in the corner of the room and wait for the girls.

First comes Stella in all nervous and shy. She is beautiful, she looks quite tall for her age. Her bright green eyes and brown hair.

The door opens once again and there stands Scarlett. She begins to talk to the principle like an old friend. I look into her eyes and I'm almost scared of how dull and dead her eyes look. I don't see the sparkle that used to be there. What happened to my daughter?

I don't get to dwell on it for long, I suddenly hear a sob come from my youngest. My heart pangs with hurt, I want to go and comfort her. I don't get to hold that thought for too long as I see Scarlett lift stella with ease and put her to her lap and caress her.

"What happens to us now" Scarlett asked him in a cold voice.

"We found your family and they are so excited to take you in. your father and oldest brother are here to take you home"

"WHAT" they scream in unison and jump up. We walk in so they can see us.

"Hi bambino I'm your father Alessandro Romano and this is your eldest brother Leonardo" I said in my calmest voice.
(children)

"Hello amori, we have missed you" Leonardo says with love in his eyes.
(loves)

"Hi, I'm stella and that" stella says to us and pointing at Scarlett "is Scarlett" she finishes.

I look at Scarlett to see her give us the deadliest glare I have ever seen. Scarlett puts a protective hand over Stella's body and pushes her behind her.

I get a little teary eyed because my daughter doesn't trust us and thinks we will do something to her and her twin.

"Scarlett" I hear Stella hiss at her "be nice" she whispers shout in warning. Scarlett rolls her eyes but backs up after seeing we aren't going to do any harm.

"Where do you live?" Scarlett asks with no emotions
"We live in Italy" I say straight forward
"I need to tell my friends" Scarlett says flatly before storming off.

"I'm sorry about her, she wasn't always like this" stella says leaving us to our thoughts. What did she mean with not always like this? Did something happen?

I make a mental note to ask about this later.

I look over to Leo and see him deep in thought. "She thought we were going to hurt her" he says as a tear ran down his cheek. "We will gain her trust." I say while rubbing his back.

1362 words