37.

Natalia pov

The past few days have been better, everyone is happier.

Scarlett stopped being so cold towards us.

I still cry almost every night for my baby, the world have been so cruel towards her. She was abused, kidnapped, and tortured. She had to kill against her will.

I want to kill Dimitri for what he did to her. I have never had that feeling before.

I haven't killed anyone before, I was given to an orphanage when I was a baby, my family didn't want me.

I had been to many foster homes; some were nice, and some were not.

I met Alessandro when I was sixteen and he were eighteen.

It wasn't romantic or anything, we met at the library. I went there to read while he went there to make out with other girls. I stumbled into him, and we became friends, the rest is history.

Now we have seven beautiful children, I love them all.

My boys are mama's boys, every one of them. they could never lie to me, trust me they tried. Stella is my little darling, she is the sweetest out of all of us.

Scarlett is a protector; it makes me worry. She doesn't seem to value her own life as much as she does to her friends or us now. She is a leader; I see the way her friends look at her. They look at her with so much pride and respect, they admire her.

I'm glad she has so good friends, let's not talk about Ace. Call it mom intuition, but something is going on between them. I know it, the way she calmed down when he was close. The way Ace looks at my daughter, yeah, I'm pretty sure.

"what are you thinking so hard about" my husband breaks me out of my thoughts.

He has a deep Italian accent, but we have always spoken English in the house, because I don't speak much Italian. We enrolled the kids in English schools too, because it was the most secure school in the country.

"nothing" I say and kiss his lips, I smile as I pull away. We can't start anything now because we are in the kitchen, and I don't think the others would like to have one more sibling. 

"hello mom" Matteo says once he comes downstairs, he gives me a big sloppy kiss on the check before he sits down for breakfast.

"morning mum" Leonardo says and kisses my forehead. All the boys does this and now we are waiting on Scarlett and Stella.

They are acting more like twins by each day that pass, it's still a huge difference between them, but they look so cute.

"I promise, he said to me that he told you" Scarlett tells stella as they walk in the room.

"but why would he lie" stella asked, it was not harsh, but she was trying to understand.

"he obviously likes you; he probably thought you would be scared and run away or something" Scarlett explains as she sits down. The boys frown and makes sounds of protests.

"don't talk, I know everything about you, including secret partners" Scarlett warned pointing her fork lazily at the boys. I see many of my boys gulp or makes signs of discomfort.

I laugh to myself; they are obvious for mafia men.

"I think the rest of the family is going to visit again, but only for a day." Alessandro informs everyone, I see Scarlett stiffen a little.

She is just getting used to us and now the rest of the family is coming.

Three hours later

"can someone get the door" I yell out. I'm busy on my phone.

The door opens and I hear a lot of people come inside.

"where are my granddaughters" grandma-rose yells out. I walk towards the mess of a family and greet them.

"I swear Dante, I'm going to kill you" Matteo yells. We see Dante running down the stairs laughing, soon after Matteo runs in with hot pink hair. 

Dante hides behind me like a scared kitten.

"protect me mom" he whispers before making him look as small as possible. I chuckle, he is talking more than usual, I'm happy for him.

"why are you yelling" Scarlett voice is right behind me. everyone jumps forward a bit. How did she come there?

"what the fuck Scarlett" Matteo squeals, she looks at him before putting on her emotionless face.

"hello Scarlett, nice to meet you again" Alessandro's brother Francesco says, she turns towards them and give a quick nod.

I guess we are back to square one.

She makes eye contact with Diego, one of the coldest persons in the room.

I don't think his sibling looks him in the eyes. He is very feared in the mafia world, he kills like it is nothing, just like Scarlett.

He is the first to break into a small smile and his sibling gasp.

"d-did Diego just smile?" alfredo asked everyone, he looked in between my daughter and his brother.

"no he is crying" Fabio said with an eyeroll, that kid has a lot of problems and attitude.

"HELLO back to the point, Dante fucking dyed my hair pink. PINK!!!" Matteo yelled, by now everyone had come downstairs and had seen his hair.

"it was going to happened, you always prank us" stella said softly as she hugged her grandma.

"are you on his side angel" he said faking being sad.

"you look like lava girl" Bruno said as he played with his acrylic nails.

"is she hot" is Matteo's immediate question. We laugh a bit as he took out his phone and searched her.

940 words

this is a bit random, but we needed some more of the extended family