24.

Scarlett pov

"It's time to train маленький монстр" Dimitri says as he enters our cell. as soon as I heard his footstep behind the door I stood up.

I was told to stand in a military pose whenever he came into the room, or else he would hurt my friends. We learned it the hard way.
I think he likes the power; he knows what I'm capable of , he knows I can kill him without any regret. So maybe seeing that I'm under his command helps his ego.

He thinks I'm eager to learn and be the best, I don't want this. I want to go home to my twin, but I have family here to protect.

I have been here around six months now.

"We have a different type of approach today my little monster" he says, and I already know this is going to be something I won't like.

"We are going to train your mentality" he has a sickening smile on his face. A few more men come into the room and begins to tie my friends against walls.

I don't show any emotion on my face and inside I'm full-blown panicking.
I have tried to hide my friendship with them, but it seems to not have worked as well as I thought.

I know where this is going, and I don't like it one bit.

"I want you to hurt one of them like the monster you are" he says and touches both my shoulders. I stand there stiff wondering what to do.

Dimitri discovered early on that I would rather die than hurt my friends, so now he always threatens with their lives instead. I know he would kill them; he needs me alive. I'm his biggest creation according to him.

"If you don't, I will kill them in front of you, imagine sweet little Carlos's screams as he bleeds out while you can't do anything." He manipulates me, he knows all my weak spots.

"But if you hurt Carlos the rest won't die" he leans closer to my ear "they will just see the real you, a monster" he whispers in my ear.

I know what he's doing, but I still believe him. I am a monster, I have killed innocents

I notice my breathing is starting to pick up as I take a blade

I look up at everyone wo is chained to the walls, everyone is pleading me with their eyes.

I walk over to Carlos with my hands shacking. Everyone begins to yell and begging me to stop. Carlos is the groups sunshine; we all try to protect him as much as we can.
"Scarlett please stop" Nico sobs out and my heart drops. I don't think they heard him threatening me with his and their deaths.
Everyone is crying and screaming at me, even I have tears in my eyes.

"I'm sorry" I whisper to Carlos as I stab his left leg, its nowhere fatal but it still hurts as hell.

Carlos screams out in pain and my first tear falls but I quickly wipe it away.

No emotions

I don't stop until I'm told to do so. Everyone has gone quiet and are looking at me with murderous glares.

I get back and stand in front of Dimitri again. I have my arms on my back and my head is strained forward, I can't look him in the eyes, but I can't look down either. My chest is tight, and it feels like I can't breathe.

"Good job my маленький монстр, now time for your punishment. You forgot to turn off your emotions" he says and punches me in the ribs, my whole-body staggers back and I doble over a bit before I regain my position.

I expect him to do more but he signals for his men to untie the others before he leaves the room.

Carlos is unconscious and Nico is already on her way towards our first aid kit.
We got one kit so we wouldn't bleed out.

Theo comes forward and shoves me backwards
"What the fuck were you thinking, we promised to not hurt Carlos and protect him at all fucking costs" he yells at me

I don't say anything. Its better if they don't like me, I'm a monster

"What do you have to say huh" he pushes me again and again until I meet the wall.
"he's fucking right you are a monster" he mumbles.

"I had to" I whisper "he would have kill-" he stops me by yelling "KILL WHO? KILL YOU? I WOULD NEVER HAVE HURT HIM EVEN IF IT MEANT I WOULD DIE" he screamed at me, he really thinks that low of me.

"DIMIRTI WOULD HAVE KILLED HIM INFRONT OF US, TOURTURED HIM AND THEN HE WOULD HAVE KILLED YOU!" I scream back, I can take some bullshit, but I will not be called selfish.

"I will always protect you" I say and poke my finger to his chest "always" I whisper before I walk to a corner where the others aren't.

I wake up sweating and breathing heavily I look around the room just to make sure I'm not in the cell.
but I see my family and ace instead looking at me with worry in their eyes.

884 words

Some insight in Scarlett's trauma