38.

Stella pov

It has been a good mood the entire time. Everyone is having a good time, I think.

Dad are talking to grandpa, Leonardo, and my uncles. It's probably about the business.

It was super scary when I got told they were the Italian mafia, I was scared because of the situation we were in. I was more surprised when I heard Scarlett has been keeping these big secrets our whole life. That was why she was so distant from me.

I feel a lot of guilt because she was abused, but she never told me. she has told me multiple times that she would do it again, so I'm not feeling that bad anymore.

I'm super happy to have her as my sister, my protector.

Right now she is talking to Diego and Fabio. I don't get how she made them smile, Fabio is always so rude, and Diego hasn't talked yet, to me at least.

"angel?" Matteo is waving a hand in front of my eyes.

"are you ok?" he asks concerned. I give him a small smile and a nod.

"do you think I rock this hair" he wiggles his eyebrows.

"yes, very much all the ladies are going to drool over you" I say, and he ruffles my hair in return. I pout, how dare he touch my hair.

"princess, come here" dad calls me over. I walk over there with a pout still intact.

Yes, I know its childish, but I am childish. I have always been and will always be. Scarlett made sure I had the best childhood, and she kind of spoiled me.

"what boy were Scarlett talking about at breakfast." He asks me, everyone stops what they were doing.

"BOY?"

"HELL NAW"

"NOPE, NOT HAPPENING"

"NO"

All the boys and uncles scream while My aunts squeal and clap their hands.

"stella, you need to come with us" Aunt Sofia says as she take my hand and kidnaps me to another room.

My grandma, mom, and aunties has formed a circle and are waiting for me to say something. I don't think Scarlett wanted to join, but that's ok she knows anyway.

We have become very close the past few days.

"so there is this boy." I start off, their faces look so excited.

"we bumped into each other in the hallway, he was new, so I introduced him. Well he knew Scarlett from before" I get interrupted.

"it's not her ex, right?" my aunt anna asks me.

"no, they were friends from before" I say quickly, and I see her breathe a sigh of relief.

"but we became close, and we even kissed a few times" I blush at the memory. Everyone squeals.

"but then something happened, and I found out he was hired as my bodyguard. It's not that bad if he just told me, but he lied instead of being honest and I am beginning to question if it ever where real." I say, and their faces turn into understanding.

"don't you think he should get a chance to explain himself?" grandma asks carefully.

I think over, I want to hear him out. but it hurt when he lied to me. did we meet on purpose or was it actual accidental.

Lorenzo pov

All the boys protest as stella gets dragged out of the room. everyone immediately turns to Scarlett.

"who is this boy"

"did he do something"

"Is she dating him"

"what is happening"

"did he hurt her"

"I'm going to kill him"

Scarlett holds up one hand. And one after one finger drop down, until her middle finger is the only one left. She lets out a huge gasp and put her other hand in front of her mouth.

I laugh in surprise; I have never seen so many mafia men quiet down so fast.

"Scarlett" dad growls in warning.

Everyone returns from their shocked state and grandpa howls in laughter. We gape at him.

Is Scarlett a miracle, Diego smiling and grandpa laughing. He never laugh.

Fabio who is sitting next to her fist bumps her without even looking in her direction.

Her hands have new scarring every day, it's kind of concerning, but what is more is when she got stabbed and didn't even flinch. She poured alcohol over a fresh stab wound and said she would stich it up herself.

I am worried, she has only revealed some of the mental torture she went through, but not so much the physical one, but by the looks of it its bad.

After grandpa is finished laughing and wiping his tears he sits down again.

"do they know the family business" grandpa asks and the whole room become serious even Matteo and Alfredo.

My dad nods and everyone's eyes widen. Their probably wondering about their thoughts and why they aren't afraid.

"what do you think about that" uncle-dom asks watching her carefully.

She looks at dad and Leonardo for permission, I don't know why but she still did. After a tight nod she speaks.

"I am diabla" three words has the whole room silent. Our family's yes are wide, and some mouths are open I shock.

"why are you lying" Fabio asks her. He looks pissed. Scarlett looks at him and sigh. She pulls down her shirt to her collarbone and show her tattoo.

His eyes bulge out and I'm afraid they might pop out of his head.

Grandpa gives a nod of approval and his eyes glint with pride. Something I saw when I first told him I got into med school.

He isn't the smiley type, but he shows that he is proud in different ways.

"I will not help or work for you" Scarlett says breaking the silence.

"why?" Lucio one of the triplets asks.

"I'm loyal to my donna, and you are not allies of the Spanish mafia" she says clearly.

"we are making the deal now" Leonardo says. Many of our cousins still looks starstruck.

"will the Spanish agree, we have more power than you" she says and that makes everyone in the room think. She has a great point, but I think it would still benefit them.

"it would still benefit your mafia, new drugs and weapons for protection and money" Davide says, he is quiet and observant.

You aren't allowed to be in the mafia until you are eighteen, but it seems he has found out on his own.

You still have a choice if you want to join or not.

"that's true, but with a new enemy coming we would lose more men" she says as she leans down.

"but how would you be able to fight him without our guns?" he asked, we know the Spanish have lots of guns, but they grow bigger day by day and more and more join them. they need us.

"well played" she smirks and signals Leonardo to come forward. He does and she sticks out her hand.

"on behalf of my donna, we will offer you an alliance with the Spanish" I'm surprised she even can do that, but she apparently can.

"my lawyer will send her the contract" Leonardo says as he shakes her hand.

1181 words

yeah so I fucking hate these chapters