25.

Ace pov

We just came home to the Romano's after the food fight at school.
Normally I would have gone home, but mom and dad had to go to France.

My little sister lives in France for her protection, but she will soon come and live with us. she hasn't been introduced to the mafia world yet, but she will be at the next ball.

Jade is five years old and is the sweetest kid ever. Well, only to those who she knows, she always hides behind mom or dad if there's someone we don't know.
She became shy after she was kidnapped for a week, there were not much damage to her at all because the Spanish mafia saved her in time.

That's why dad loves and would never betray the Spanish mafia, they saved Jade. Me and dad almost went crazy, I went on a killing spree while dad just worked or drank.

But they found her after a week and I'm forever in their debt. That's why she is so shy, she saw many people die and now she has severe trust issues.

"Ace we're losing" Damien groaned as he set down the controller
"Man, what are you thinking about?" he asks me once he saw my face.

"I was thinking about Jade and how I would like to thank the Spanish donna or don" I say because it's the truth. I really want to thank them.

But I can't because they are not showing who they are and only the leaders of their allies can see their face.

"You will get to see them one day." He assures me and I just hope its soon.

The door opens and Natalia comes into the room "its dinner, ace can you go and get Scarlett" she asks me. Fuck I think she knows I'm attracted to Scarlett. Or what I feel for her.

I have come to the realisation that I want Scarlett. We still meet up on the roof sometimes just to be us two. I got her phone number, so we text quite a lot.
I know she's forbidden, but she's like a fucking magnet

I want to be the one who make her smile and laugh. We have only known each other for some time but there's something there.

So, I go to Scarlett's room and knock. I wait for a few seconds before I hear whimpering on the inside. My stomach turns at the thought of her being hurt.

I open the door and I see no one. I breath out in relief before I'm alerted again. I see her twisting and turning in bed and mumbling something. She's sweating and it looks like she's having a nightmare

"Damien go get the others" I say to Damien who came inside with me, no it's not a big deal, but it looks more like a memory than a nightmare.
I see that on her body language and how she keep repeating 'I'm sorry' and 'I didn't mean it'

Everyone comes into the room distressed and I try to break her out of it.

"Scarlett, you need to wake up" I grab her shoulders and shake them. she's not waking up and now she's grunting, and it looks like she's in pain.

Dante is crying but took his phone out and called someone.

Lorenzo always have been the most emotional out of the family, but now almost everyone is crying.

Scarlett is twisting and turning, and it looks scary. She's always so cold and collected, but now she looks so stressed and panicked.

"e-elijah, s-scarle-et is ha-having a nig-ghtmare" he says to the phone before hanging up.

After a few minutes of trying to wake her up shoots up breathing erratically. She looks around for a few seconds before they land on me and the others.
"Go away" she immediately says and stands up from her bed.

"sca-" Alessandro tries but gets interrupted.
"Get out" she says more sternly. She walks to her balcony, but she is wobbly and is breathing heavily.

Dante is the first to walk out and the others are following swiftly. I stand still in the room as she leans on the railing.

"Go away ace" she hasn't even looked back at us once, how did she know it was me.
"no" I say and step towards her. She needs somebody, she clearly has gone through something.

"Ace" she warns but I don't listen and step closer towards her.
"What the fuck do you think you are doing" she asks and looks up at me.

I pull her in for a hug. To my surprise she doesn't object but instead she leans farther into my chest and sighs.
But then her room burst open.

"You said they were gone" Nico yells. "You said you didn't have flashbacks anymore" she points a finger at Scarlett.
I was right, flashback.

"I lied, is that what you want to hear. I have no time for stupid nightmares." Scarlett said, and I feel there's something I don't know.

"Shut up Scarlett" Elijah says harshly.
Oh, when did he and Mattia come in.

"Ace go outside" Scarlett commands and this time I don't dare to disobey. So, I walk out, but I do stay outside. I know, childish but it seemed right.

"It was just a fucking trigger, so don't fucking worry. You have enough going on and next time try not to fucking scream at me" Scarlett curses a lot during that little speech, so Scarlett curses when she's upset, noted.

I decided to stop eavesdropping and I went downstairs and told everyone it was just a nightmare.

948 words

THANK YOU FOR 20K VIEWS, omgggg thank you sooo much it means the world to me, I hope you have a great day <3