Chapter Fifty-Six: Warfare

Ember and Swiss ran down the hallways, rushing to find either of their mates. They dodged any arrow and hid from every angel in hopes that they wouldn't be found. Swiss called out to Ember, "Hey, I think I can feel Mountain!"

"Where?" Ember asked, just as another blast hit the wall. She covered her head, Swiss quickly grabbed her and covered her with his body as the rubble fell. There was now a big hole in the wall, leading outside. Ember could feel her heart racing as she looked outside. There was blood on the grounds from ghouls, brothers, and sisters. It looked like a massacre. She slowly walked towards the outside, making Swiss grab her arm, "What are you doing?"

"They need our help, Swiss. For all we know, we're their only hope. We need to help them," She told him. He glanced outside, then in the direction where he had felt the pull of his mate, telling Ember, "Let's go help them then."

They both ran outside, Swiss automatically using his power and blocking an arrow from hitting himself as they charged into battle. Ember saw a Sister of Sin struggling against an angel, making her shoot a fireball at it. She called out, "I thought the ghouls were first to go!"

The angel looked at her before letting out a high-pitched screech, making her and Swiss cover their ears. Swiss stood behind her, making them be back to back while they looked around. More angels came out of nowhere once the first ones screeching stopped. Ember took Swiss' hand and told him, "Don't die."

"That goes for you too," Swiss told her. She nodded and watched as the group of Angels surrounded them. She counted 9, but she didn't know if any of them were hiding. A barrage of arrows came at them from the angels, making Swiss create a protective force around the two of them. His eyes were glowing a bright yellow as he struggled to keep the force around them strong. Ember looked at each angel, trying to find its weakness, telling Swiss, "None of them have touched the ground. Aim for the wings, get them down. It should be easier to get rid of them then."

"Yeah, that's a great plan. How do you suggest we start that since we're currently getting arrows thrown at us from every direction?" Swiss shot back. Ember thought for a moment, soon noticing a small break in the arrows, telling Swiss, "Drop the force field, I have an idea."

"Are you insane?!" Swiss yelled, glancing back at her. She shrugged, "I might be, but trust me. Drop it."

As soon as the break started, Swiss dropped the force field, allowing Ember to conjure up fire and create a ball with it, holding it in her hand. She saw the second barrage of arrows getting closer, making Swiss say, "Ember, now's a good time to use your idea."

"Wait," Ember told him, watching. Swiss started to panic, looking at Ember, "Come on, let's go!"

"Wait! Not yet!" Ember exclaimed. Swiss watched the arrows with wide eyes as they got closer. Ember soon told him, "Get down!"

He dropped into a crouch, allowing Ember to release the fireball and let it explode, the flames hitting some of the angels, making them fall to the ground. Swiss said, "Ember, that wasn't enough!"

"Well, I'm trying, Swiss!" Ember exclaimed. After hurting Sunshine, she was scared of her power. Having Swiss there made it harder for her to use her power because she was scared she would hurt him. Swiss blocked more arrows, looking at Ember with his eyes glowing yellow once again, "Ember, you need to keep trying!"

Ember took a deep breath, looking around as Sodo's voice filled her head.

'Swiss, Ifrit, and I can take a hit. You won't hurt anyone else.'

Her eyes started to glow amber, little white flickers showing up as she told Swiss, "Don't get hurt then."

He just smirked as she started to shoot blasts of fire at the angels. He started to tap into his small amount of knowledge of fore and joined her, shooting fire at the angels, making sure to aim at the wings. Ember felt her power surge in her as she started to shoot lightning at the angels. It wasn't long until all of them were down. Swiss walked over to an angel, his hand stretched out as he used his power to constrict the air out of it, saying, "You fucked with the wrong family."