Chapter Sixty-Two: Welcome Kits

Swiss and Mountain were waiting anxiously outside of the orphanage. Today was the day that they finally heard if they would get to adopt Lang and Shadow. Swiss was rubbing his hands on his jeans every so often, nervously as Mountain looked at the door every few minutes.

Mountain then asked, "Come on, it's been half an hour, can she just tell us if we can adopt them or not by now?"

"Fuck, my nerves are shot. I don't think I've ever been so nervous in my life," Swiss said, wiping his hands on his jeans once again. Mountain took his hand, intertwining their fingers as he said, "I'm sure it all should be fine. We didn't go through all this work for nothing. We got their rooms ready, they were Cumulus approved child safe, we should be fine."

It had been nearly 4 months since they had started the process to adopt the two orphaned kits. Sunshine was getting close to her due date, Ember and Sodo were trying to plan their wedding. Everything was starting to fall into place. Yet, the multi and earth ghoul were still on edge, thinking the worst that they wouldn't end up with the kits. Mountain had even started to go ti therapy, getting treatments done to get the demon out of him. He felt lucky, it had been silent for nearly a month now. He knew it wasn't gone, he could still feel it, but not hearing it made it a little better.

Swiss let out a nervous laugh, "I'm sure she's doing this on purpose. She's dragging this out to get a reaction out of us."

The door then opened, making Swiss and Mountain's heads shoot up as 2 kits came running at them, giant smiles on their faces. They launched themselves into the arms of the two ghouls as Cumulus walked out, a small smile on her face, "Congratulations, parents. They're all yours."

The two ghouls felt big smiles grow on their faces, Swiss even picking up Shadow and pulling Cumulus into a hug, "Thank you."

Cumulus let out a laugh as she said, "There's some paperwork for you two to sign, then you're free to take them."

"Yeah, okay," Mountain said, walking inside with the two kits and Swiss. They all sat down and started signing the paperwork, holding the kits on their lap. Once they were done, Cumulus told them, "You're all set. Congratulations again."

"Thank you so much Cumulus," Swiss said, a giant smile in his face. They all walked out of the orphanage, walking back to their room.

Once they were in their room, Swiss out down Shadow and said, "We could only get one room for now, when you two are older we can get you guys separate rooms. But hopefully, you two like it."

He opened a door that led to another bedroom, connecting the two rooms. The kits eyes lit up as they looked around the colorful room. Mountain had made small vines growing up the walls to make it more earthy for Lang, while Swiss had painted small designs relating to all the elements on some of the walls for Shadow. The kits ran into the room, instantly jumping onto the beds, smiles on their faces as Mountain wrapped his arms around Swiss' waist from behind him, resting his chin on top of his head as he said quietly, "We have kits."

"Finally," Swiss said, "The process was long enough, I'm glad they're finally ours."

"Yeah," Mountain said, "Yeah, me too."

Meanwhile, in Ember and Sodo's room, Ember was taking yet another pregnancy test, Sodo waiting patiently on the bed. Ember soon walked out of the bathroom and said, "There's still a few more minutes before we know, but I don't know if I wanna look at it."

"I'll look then, don't worry," Sodo told her, pulling her onto his lap. They had been trying for months now to have a kit of their own, get a second chance to actually bring a pregnancy to term, but every test she took came up negative. They were thinking it was something Imperator had done when she lost the last ones, something with the food she had eaten that made her no longer be able to have kits. It was taking a toll on the poor fire ghoulette.