1∆

Rumour has it Demeter got a new child.

The air is warm, the meadows freshly painted with clouds of colourful flowers.

Butterflies tumbling in the gentle wind that brings the scent of unknown blossoms.

A beautiful daughter, they say.

Persephone, goddess of spring.

The world was happy, welcoming their new deity.

And once again, people forgot the netherworld.

The netherworld, where the dead lived.

The netherworld, with it's endless dusty grey plains, it's voids and cliffs and mysterious rivers.

The netherworld, which just seemed to drown in dullness and gloom compared to the new brightness of the upper world.

Hades, or Minho, as most people would call him, wasn't the happiest person to begin with. Being banned away to sulk in the darkness of the underworld left no one unaffected.

Yet lately, as the contrast between his realm and the sunny flowering upper world had become so much clearer, he was feeling downright shitty.

'Why don't you just bring her here?'

'Jeongin, are you insane?!'

Minho was perched on his throne, legs over one armrest, his head hanging down the other.

He was wrapped in a woollen blanket.

Lately, with the moodiness of its owner, the underworld palace had been very cold.

Thanatos, the personification of death, also referred to as Jeongin, had made Minho a tea to warm him up a little.

He was now standing by one of the big windows looking out on the gray Asphodel meadows.

'I don't mean forever. Just for a few weeks. Let her bring a little sunshine and flower kerfuffle down here and then let her go back.'

Minho straightened himself up to take a sip from his tea and look thoughtfully at his friend.

'That could actually work...'

He got sidetracked for a second, imagining how his realm, his home could look if there was just a little more brightness there.

A feeling began to bloom in his chest, tiny and delicate and fair.

Hope.

'... kidnap her'

And Minho was brought back to reality.

'What?!'

'I just said, now we just have to think of how we're gonna kidnap her'

'...kidnap?'

'To get her here?'

'I would just... ask?'

The friends stared at each other.

'Do you think she would come here voluntarily? Really? Like you go on a vacation? Taking relaxing wellness baths in the Phlegethon?'

Jeongin let out an amused huff. 'Never'

The hope Minho had felt was snuffed out like a candle.

'You're probably right'

The god of netherworld let his head hang down the armrest again.

Silence settled down between the two, just as the dust settled down on every surface in this palace.

After a while said Minho: 'We are not gonna kidnap her'

Jeongin said nothing.

'Do you hear me? We are NOT.'

After a second too long: 'Okay'

'Promise me'

'I promise'

'On the Styx'

Nothing.

Minho twisted his head to look at his friend. Jeongin smiled thinly.

'You know I don't do that'

.

.

∆∆∆

explanations:

Demeter - goddess of harvest and crops

Persephone - daughter of Demeter and Zeus, goddess of spring

Hades - god of the underworld, ruler of the dead

Thanatos - literal death (god of death)

Asphodel meadows - section of the underworld where ordinary souls are sent after their death

Phlegethon - one river of the underworld, is entirely out of fire

Styx - another river of the underworld, forms boundary between earth and underworld, every oath between the gods must be sworn on her

∆∆∆

a/n:

just so you know, Hades' favourite tea flavour is absolutely, 100% strawberry

nice to see you here, send love <3

∆∆