44∆

Hades' palace was overgrown with plants by now.

No more plain obsidian, no more dust.

Instead flourishing tendrils everywhere, inside and outside, plantings spearing out of every pit of dirt.

Flowers.

Sweet scent and insects.

Minho loved it.

Though he kept complaining to Felix everytime he tripped over a new tendril in the hallways.

But his palace was alive. For the first time since... for ever.

Jisung had caved in at Felix's bugging to grow plants through their ribcage.

They looked like a walking, singing plant pot.

Minho found it just a little disturbing.

Felix extended his garden further, magically making it bigger than the actual building.

He found new underworld plants. And managed to create new species.

Some of the snapping plants from the isle of pain had developed vocal cords and could sing now, too. Jisung gave them lessons.

Felix also would help Minho with his duties regularly.

He was on better terms with every creature of netherworld than Minho, despite knowing them for only a short while.

The king of the underworld admired his talent to befriend everyone and everything - even the snapping plants.

All the people loved him.

Minho, too.

Minho the most of them, probably.

He couldn't stop thinking about their kiss, their hug.

These short glimpses of a deeper intimacy between them.

He wanted more of it and more of Felix.

The younger though was retreating a little bit, not downright avoiding Minho but avoiding such close moments.

Minho thought he was uncomfortable after all that had happened.

Felix knew that he was just afraid he couldn't control himself any longer.

From begin on, Minho had this a warm aura of comfort around Felix. Making him relax, making him forget his principles. Letting down his guards, showing vulnerability.

And Felix didn't know if he wanted that.

And he couldn't deny that he was somewhat attracted to it.

Yet seeing how he loved to avoid complicated and uncomfortable things, he just forbid himself to think about it.

And to question his feelings further.

That way everyone would be happier.

Instead he baked strawberry cake and made flower crowns.

Common coping mechanisms, you see.

'What are you doing?'

Minho stood in Persephone's garden, once again, looking down on Felix.

The younger god sat crosslegged in the grass, hands spread on his knees, eyes closed.

'Mediating'

The king of netherworld had a plate of cake with him, already munching it.

He carefully sat down next to the other.