54∆

There was a dark room. No ceiling, no walls.

Dusty ground that was mostly covered in once colourful threads of wool.

The twines entangled, knotted together, lost themselves again.

Everywhere were piles of wool building up, man-high, so far up that they were swallowed by the dark.

If the room wasn't creepy yet, the thin voices echoing through it were.

It were young girls' voices.

They sung.

They sung about what was, what would happen and what is.

Jeongin got nightmares from their voices.

Yet here he stood, listening to them anyways.

'Thanatos'

The singing stopped.

The god turned around to see a young girl, about half his height, behind him.

She looked like she was ten years old, freckles and meter long blonde hair.

Another girl appeared next to her. She looked about the same age, her skin a little darker but hair just as long.

They could pass as usual young girls if it wasn't for their eyes. Their irises where completely white, shining bright and intelligent.

'Long time no see' the newer sister said.

Jeongin swallowed.

Their appearance was so contrary to what Jeongin knew they were, they could do.

He dropped to his knees, bowing as deep as he could.

He heard one of the girls giggling.

'I think we see him too often' a new voice said.

The god looked up, slowly.

The third sister stood behind the other two, her arms crossed over her small chest.

Her eyes just as white.

'Atropos' he greeted her with as much respect as he could fit in his voice.

Then he nodded to the other two sisters. 'Clotho. Lachesis.'

The girls kept quiet, just watching him with keen glinting eyes.

'Thank you for seeing me'

He slowly stood up, which felt weird, seeing how he was now two times as tall as the powerful beings in front of him.

'What do you want, little brother?'

Atropos looked mockingly at him.

They weren't actually related, just due to their connection to death like siblings in spirit.

'No. We know what you want', Clotho, the blonde, said grinning before Jeongin could open his mouth.

'What are you willing to sacrifice, is the question?'

Atropos let her scissors snap shut multiple times. Her sisters giggled at Jeongin's flinch.

'Talk, young godling' Lachesis said.

'Taaalk' they sung mockingly, perfectly synchron.

'Persephone' Jeongin whispered.

'You want to bring spring back to the mortal world?'