14∆

'I'm sorry, Minho' Jeongin had said.

Minho felt like he was ripped apart.

He carefully took one breath after another, fighting the scream that build up in his throat.

Why, Jeongin, why?

Jisung watched their lord worriedly. They'd never understood the friendship between him and the god of death but knew that it was weirdly close.

Minho looked more than hurt. Betrayal glimmered in his black eyes.

'What is it?' Felix asked hesitantly. He, too, noticed the change of mood.

'He didn't want Jeongin to do that' Jisung quietly explained.

'Do what?'

Minho took a quivering sigh.

'I wanted to bring you back, Felix. That's why I just came here. I wanted to free you and bring you back into the upper world, where you belong. Because they need you there and I have no right to hold you here'

Felix was silent for a few heartbeats.

Then he nodded eagerly.

'So let's just do this. I'm feeling better already. Bring me back'

'Oh, Felix'

Minho's voice was filled with so much pain that even the other god started to look worried.

'What?' he whispered.

'That's not possible anymore' Minho answered, also whispering.

'What? Why?!'

'The pomegranate?' Jisung asked, more to Minho.

The god just nodded.

Felix's eyes jumped between the two forth and back.

'Wha- What's with it? I just ate one seed'

Minho and Jisung stared at each other for quite a while, silently debating who would be the one explaining.

Eventually, Jisung said silently: 'The pomegranate grew here, in the underworld. Which means, it's...'

'It's cursed' Minho helped him out.

'What curse?'

Both of them fell silent.

Felix felt panic slowly creeping from of the corners of his consciousness.

'What curse?' he asked again, a little more demanding.

His hands were shaking more violently again.

It's not possible anymore.

'Answer me!'

Minho nodded.

'Eating from that pomegranate has you tied to the underworld for... eternity, probably'

Felix stared at him.

Minho swallowed, and continued.

'One single seed, even one single droplet of the fruit's juice is enough to curse you. You're tied to this world now. And... you can't leave it anymore. Never again'

For a few seconds, there was no sound in the tiny room.

Then, a small giggle escaped Felix's lips.

He broke out in full, hysteric laughter.

It was the most terrible thing Minho had ever heard.

'You can't be serious. You're kidding me' Felix said out of breath, his laughter dying helplessly. There were tears glinting in his eyes.