29∆

'He made the first move. That's a good sign'

'Mhm'

Minho and Changbin were walking through the halls towards Felix's garden. The skeleton had brought him a new shirt he was just buttoning up.

'I don't know though'

'Wether that's a good sign?'

'No. I don't know how we should carry on from here'

'You planning on going back to being normal friends?'

'I shouldn't. But he is right, we missed each other, he needs me and... I need him, too'

'I won't live long enough to understand your friendship'

Minho chuckled sadly.

'We're both outcasts, dark and moody and all the golden godlings somewhat hate us. So we just... held onto each other because that was the only thing keeping us sane'

'And now you depend on each other'

'Yeah. We're like brothers'

'Ah, if he sees that the same..' Changbin wondered to himself.

'But I can't just let him do anything' Minho continued. 'I have to be at least somewhat pissed at him, don't you think?'

Changbin shook his head.

'Of course he broke what he promised you and all but... honestly? The only one who should be pissed is Felix. You shouldn't be pissed at your friend on someone else's account. Whatever happened - it's something between the two of them. You're maybe the reason, but nothing more, so let them handle it.'

Minho thought a while about what the skeleton had said.

In the meantime they had reached the gate to Persephone's garden. The god's hand laid on the doorhandle.

'Do you think Jeongin will survive meeting him?'

'Yeah, why not? For some reason Felix spends all his energy on hating you, so I don't think he has much hatred left for Jeongin'

'Why does he hate me so much?'

'I guess he can't figure you out. He can't estimate you so he keeps his guards up'

'But I'm nice'

'And he will never believe you that'

'Mhm' Minho shrugged thoughtfully and entered the garden.

Changbin stayed behind, frowning.

The garden was green and colourful, bright sunlight, sweet scents and animals' chirping mingled together, overwhelming Minho's senses as soon as he stepped in.

Felix knelt further back in the middle of a new patch with fresh soil.

The god of netherworld slowly headed down the stone path to him.

'I should have brought more soil from the island. I don't know if the plants need a special environment to grow or if they'll be alright here' Felix mumbled, not to anyone in particular.

'I'm sure with you fussing over them they'll be just fine' Minho said softly, standing behind the other.

One of the plants snapped at Felix's finger, making him giggle proudly.

Minho's heart swelled at the sound.

The younger was still wearing his shirt. And no pants. And he was still covered in green mud, freshly combined with dapples of soil.

'Don't you wanna wash up and put on something proper?'

'Yeah, yeah, haven't had the time yet'

'I brought your dungaree. The pockets are still filled'