20∆

As it turned out, Felix hadn't been alone all the time he was locked in his room.

Jisung had visited him.

The skeleton had helped him braid his hair new and nursed his cut feet.

Felix was wearing light blue plush socks now.

He was walking through the palace wrapped in his dark red blanket.

Minho had offered him to go look for a dress or something proper to wear but he declined with the words 'Later, first food.'

The dining room was indeed full of all kinds of mortal foods.

And flowers.

Charon had outdone himself and brought baskets over baskets full of flowers from the mortal world.

Combining the fuss at the river a few days ago and the unusual request for flowers, he'd also probably figured out that the missing Persephone was not dead but somehow in Hades' palace.

He didn't say anything though.

Either he was afraid of Minho's reaction to prying or he simply didn't care enough.

Felix stopped dead as he saw all the flowers.

Minho didn't follow his gaze into the room but instead watched the younger god's face.

Thus he managed to notice the bliss glinting in his eyes, the fleeting expression of delight he tried to hide as soon as it came.

Minho smiled to himself.

Felix rebuild his face to be carefully expressionless.

With his blanket around him like a heavy gown, he went to the next flower basket and picked one up.

'They're cut'

'Huh?'

'It would be better if they were still alive'

'Well, I don't think Charon can fit a whole garden on his boat'

'Why not? Get him a bigger boat'

'He doesn't want another boat'

'I'm pretty sure he didn't want to go and pluck flowers for you either, did he?'

'Yeah no..'

Minho lost his thought while watching Felix examining the flowers.

Felix suddenly looked up and met his gaze.

'Thank you anyways.'

He held one flower up, then put it behind his ear.

'I'll make flower crowns. That helps to calm me down whenever I'm stressed'

'You're stressed?'

'Let's pretend you didn't seriously just ask me that'

'Sorry'

Silence.

Minho was staring at Felix while Felix was staring at the food.

'Sit down and help yourself. It's all yours'

Felix did sit down but kept staring at the food as if it would disappear into thin air as soon as he looked away.

'Felix? Why are you hesitating? Eat.'

Slowly, reluctantly, Felix lifted his gaze to meet Minho's.

'The last food I took from you chained me to this unholy place for the rest of my life. What's this one gonna do? Poison me to death? Turn me into one of your skeletons?'