12∆

As Minho entered his palace he was awaited by a grinning death dressed in a ridiculous hoodie.

Despite himself he grinned back.

Before he knew what he was doing, Minho had pulled Jeongin in a hug.

Both of them weren't really hug people (they hugged roughly once a millennial) so it was a little weird.

But Minho had missed his friend.

'I'm still pissed' he mumbled against Jeongin's hoodie.

'Is that the cold shoulder you promised me?'

Jeongin patted his head a little awkwardly.

'Shut up'

After a few further heartbeats, Jeongin stepped back.

'I've seen you tidied up your realm a little'

Minho tried not to smile.

'Yeah it was about damn time'

'Persephone's magic did its job already, I see' Jeongin chuckled warmly.

He was happy.

Though Minho's face fell as he said that name.

'Shit'

'What?' Jeongin asked irritated.

'Felix!'

'What about him?'

Minho grabbed his friend's shoulders to shake him a little.

'We need to bring him back!!'

'What? Why?'

Minho's shaking stopped.

'There is a cold wave upstairs, thousands of people are dying! They need their spring goddess!'

'But.. he's so young, a few years back it worked without him too'

'My lord, Jeongin you know how that works. The world adjusted to his magic and now depends on it. We made a really really big mistake, Jeongin'

'But..' the other started again, more quietly. 'But it works. You're happier'

Minho looked at him aghast.

'You can't be serious! What's my happiness against so many dead people?!'

'I don't care about the dead people, Minho. People die all the time'

But you aren't happy all the time.

He didn't say that out loud.

Nonetheless, the presence of the unspoken words hung between them.

Their eyes were locked in a staring contest where neither of them knew the reason nor the prize.

Minho took a breath.

'We need to bring him back' he said once more, urgently, putting extra emphasis on each word.

Jeongin's eyes pressed close.

For one second, Minho thought he was holding back tears.

'Hey' he whispered carefully. 'Thank you for that, okay? Yet bringing him back is just the right thing to do'

Jeongin nodded slowly.

'I'll go to him right away. Once he is free, he can use more of his magic and maybe that way we can contact the upper gods so that they can rescind the ban'

Minho was turning already, eager to get to Felix as fast as possible.

Suddenly Jeongin's cold hand wrapped about his wrist and turned him back around, so that he stood face to face with his friend.

'Jeongin- Wha-?'

'I'm sorry, Minho', the god of death said.

'Sorry? Sorry for what?', the other called out.

But Jeongin was long melted away into shadows and the question stayed unanswered.

∆∆∆
a/n

What do you think Minho's and Jeongin's 'tea party' is a code for?

Would they really just meet up and drink tea? Because they're doing that any time else anyways..

∆∆