15∆

'Could you go after Felix and keep an eye on him?' Minho asked eventually into the stunned silence.

Jisung snapped out of their head space and nodded.

'But don't let him see you. He probably will need his time to cool off'

'Yeah I'll just make sure he doesn't fall into Tartarus'

'Thank you'

Jisung still hesitated.

'Are you okay, sir?'

'My cheek doesn't even hurt anymore, don't worry'

'That wasn't what I meant'

They stared at each other, Jisung waiting patiently and Minho getting reminded of his conversations with Changbin. Maybe they and Jisung were long lost siblings.

Finally he laid his head to the side and said slowly: 'I'm okay, I think. Felix has all right to be pissed at me'

'That's true, but also not what I actually meant'

Minho sighed deeply.

'Sometimes I hate him so much that I could rip off his stupid little head. He just... doesn't think, he just decides and does whatever he wants to. Without caring about the consequences'

He wasn't talking about Felix.

'Will you try and confront him with it?'

'Ugh. No, I ... Neither I am nor he is ready for that. I think he knows he fucked up. Apologies are not his style. He'll keep away until literal flowers have grown over the wounds.'

'Do you think that's a healthy friendship?'

'Of course it's not. Neither of us is capable of maintaining a healthy relationship. But we only ever had each other and we need each other so it works out in the end'

There was a short silence.

Minho ran his hand through his hair, then laid it on his cheek which still felt reddened.

'You know. Jeongin did that for me. He isn't egoistic. In his head, Felix makes me happy and so he found a way to keep him here - to keep me happy.'

Jisung hesitated a moment before he quietly said: 'But Felix does make you happier'

'Even if that's the case, he doesn't belong here and clearly resents this world so I don't have any right to keep him chained in my palace'

Silence.

'And yet you did'

The king let his head fall down.

'And yet I did'

Wordless, Jisung nodded and then made his way through the door to follow Felix, leaving Minho alone in the blooming room.

Felix found his way out of the palace's outer walls.

He was standing on top of a long stairway that led down from the hill the palace was build upon.

His vision was blurry from tears.

Everything here looked grey and dull and cold and foggy.

Felix found his destination in the gloomy distance.

The river Styx. Boundary between underworld and mortal world.

He run down the stairs, taking multiple steps a time, the light fabric of his dress flowing around him.

At the ground, the grass was grey and dry and weirdly spiky, piercing into his bare feet.

He didn't care.

Minho was lying to him.

He would reach Styx and go back into his world where colours existed and flowers and sun.

He couldn't spend a further day without it.

This down here was hell.

It just couldn't be true that he was damned to spend the rest of his life here.

He run across the dusty meadow as fast as he could, doubt and desperation nagging him to go even faster.

There were lots of mortal souls standing around in the fog, pale and with white unseeing eyes.

They didn't react to him at all, he made his way though the masses like it was a forest of unmoving trees.

You can't leave netherworld ever again.

Fuck him and his neverending lies.

Fuck him and his stupid friend.

Felix would leave netherworld and never come back again to this terrible place.

He looked forward to telling his mother about the kidnapping and to see her pull up a goddamn war because of it.

Minho deserved it. And even worse.

Felix just had to get back home.

He just had to cross that stupid river.

∆∆∆

a/n

I wanna hug Felix-

∆∆