Chapter 2

A lone figure could be seen sitting on a pier. Body slightly slug over and feet dangling over the side. Life has not been good to him no it hasn't. He looked up at the moon shining so brightly up in the sky with the twinkling stars spread out across the heavens. Tonight he misses his mamma and Pappa so much. It's been years since they died but he still misses them. He doesn't remember how they look or how they sounds like. He had come to learn that not all promises are meant to be kept no some are meant to be broken. He had learn a long time ago that not everyone would except you or love you. He was as best the son of a servant or worse the bastard son as if he hadn't had parents. He sometimes wonder what is his purpose. Is it to live a life of misery or would there be someone out there who would except and love him just the way he was.

It is just his luck that he is always the one drawing the short straw. Really it's actually laughable. How can you hate a child for living. Hate him for who his parents are. It's really pathetic. 'Wei Wuxian we are getting important guess tomorrow. I do not want to see or hear you. I will not let you sabotage this for A-Cheng. The Lans are a respectable sect. My A-Cheng deserves the best. Do you hear me'. Yes madam Yu. God as if anybody wants to marry a omega who doesn't know how to keep their mouths shut. But like mother like son. Wei Ying just shook his head. He has long made his peace. He knows he will never leave this sect. He is here to serve this sect. Even if it means giving his life.

He hasn't presented so he was classified as a beta. Not that he cared. Being a beta is beter then being a alpha or an omega. He should probably get back to his rooms and soak his back in some warm water and then apply the salve the healer gave him. Tomorrow's going to be a long day. But he loves it training the disciples. Probably do some kite shooting on the other side of training ground far away from the main compound. If there's one thing about him and he doesn't even think anybody realise. He doesn't laugh like he used to. Doesn't smile like he used to. He just got tired of pretending that he's happy when he's not. He still finds joy in training the disciples but even that is short lived.

Maybe someday he will find his laughter again. Find his joy again. But right now he's just content of living. Life isn't always filled with roses. They say even in your darkest hour you can find the light. Not everything is on a sat path. My path will probably always filled with the broken pieces of my past. Maybe I should've stayed I the streets of Yiling. I would probably have been better off. Maybe dead by now but it would've been better to listen to a hateful and jealous woman's words. It's strange how someone who is supposed to protect you are the same person who hurts you the most.

Wei Ying, Wei Ying you should be greatful that you got a roof over your head, food to eat, got a change to cultivate and got clothes on your back it's more than most people got. "Wei Wuxian what are you doing out here. Mother send me to remind you about tomorrow. She doesn't want to see or hear you. So if we're you I would better listen. Don't want her to discipline you again. Seems like you enjoy it that's why you never listen. You bring on yourself. Thinking that you are better then everyone ". Jiang Cheng said. Wei Ying stood up took his boots looks at Jiang Cheng and said."Don't I know it. She had already told or should I say screamed at me as if I'm deaf. No need for you to remind me. Best off luck for tomorrow sect heir Jiang". Wei Ying said sarcastically and walk away. Fuck you he said in his mind. I wish I had somewhere to go then I would've run away a long time ago. Fuck their life debt.

Usually Wei Ying isn't up this early in the morning but for today he made an exception. So after he bath and dress himself he walked towards the training grounds. Watching as the servants run around to get everything in order for their esteem guests. He will try and find something to eat after the guests is gone. No need to stir up trouble over a hot bun or two.
When he reached the training grounds he told the disciples that they will be shooting kites today and will return to sword training and sword forms tomorrow. They all moved to kite range and start to warm up. Wei Ying helped the little ones with their forms. In no time all of them were having fun. It's only with them that he can truly be himself.