Chapter 16

When they arrived at the Cloud Recess they were still angry at the Jiang and their treatment towards Wei Ying. Boashan the moment she step inside the sect looked around and smile before she said. "Ah I can still feel your energy. It seems that you are still here my friend. I will come to meet you soon". The others looks at her confused. "Who are you talking about grandma". Wei Ying asked curiously. She looks at him and then the others before she answers. " My friend Lan Yi. I can still feel her energy telling me that she still lingers here". The four Lans looks at her shocked. Their ancestors  energy and why can't they feel it. Qinghen-Jun asked her." What do you mean her energy still lingers. She has passed away years ago". She looks at him and said sadly." I do not know why she hasn't moved on yet. Maybe she has unfinished business still. We will only knows the answer to that when we go and visit her. But for now I think it would be best if we  rest for awhile or what do you think". "Yes that's a good idea and I think Wei Ying probably got some questions for you'.Lan Qiren said. The others nods their heads and Lan Zhan looks at Wei Ying still worried over what happened. "I will be fine Lan Zhan. Do not worry". He nods his head bow and walked towards the jingshi. The others went to their respective residence. "Come I will take grandma to my newly build residence. I have not named it yet though I'm still thinking of a name though. I want it to be unique ". He said with a smile as he walked towards his residence Boashan just nods her head and smile as she follows him. When they reached his residence he opened the door and let her entered first and then he step inside and close the door. They went over to the low table and sits down as Wei Ying took the kettle and made some tea. They sat in silence for awhile not knowing how to start conversing with one another. When the tea was finished he pour them both a cup and she said to him." You know Wei Ying you remind me a lot of your mother. You look just like her except for the eyes. Those I believe are your fathers. She was a free spirit. She did not believed to be bound to one place. When she came to me and told me that she wants to go down the mountain to experience the world outside I was not pleased but I also knew I could not keep her. Once her mind was made up no one could change it". She told him with a soft smile and teary eyes. "I do not remember much of them. I have no memory of them either only one where we were walking and my mother riding a donkey and me sitting on my father's shoulders. We were laughing". He told her and she put her cup down to take his hands in hers." I do not know much about your father but he must have been a hell of a alpha and person to had attracted my daughters attention. I am just happy that she manage to have found her mate and to give a me such a wonderful grandson". She said and Wei Ying smiles. "I just wished that I never left you there. That I did not take you with me. I made a poor choice of judgement and I will have to live with that for the rest of my life". She said to Wei Ying. "Like grandma said. You could not have known. My life was not all that bad. I had a place to sleep. Food to eat and they cloth me. I had the disciples I helped trained and that always brought me joy. I chose to forget the bad things that had happened. It will only makes me sad. I would rather focus on the positive then the negative". He said. She shooks her head and said." You truly are your mother's son. She was the same. She would always embrace what brings her happiness and joy and let anything else go. Could you tell me how you end up with the lans".

He told her everything even the part where he felt that he and Lan Zhan should broke off the engagement but they are good now. " I owe them a great gratitude for what they have done. They did not had to do it but they did and that says alot about their character. In doing the right thing they have showed me how big their hearts is even though they did not know you they still honored the promise". She told him. "I will forever be grateful to them for taking me away from there". He said . "So tell me about the second young master. He looks like a very righteous young alpha and it looks like he cares about you very much". Wei Ying's face heats up and he just knows that he is blushing and his grandma is laughing." Lan Zhan is the best. He is very caring and loving. He is still proving that he is worthy of me. He is spoiling very much and I care also very much about him. I don't think that I would want to loose him". Wei Ying said truthfully to grandma. " I see. I am please that you found your mate so early in your life. That says alot about the two of you". She said as she looks deep in thought pricking Wei Ying's curiosity. "I never thought  that it would happen to me but I am glad that it is Lan Zhan who is my mate. It just felt right with him. Everything. I felt like I am home with him. He always makes me feel safe and like I belong. I feel at ease around him not scared at all because I know that he will always protect me. I trust him with my life". He said . She smiled seeing the stars in his eyes and the blush on his face the adoration and love in his voice as he talked about Lan Wanji. She knows without a doubt that they are destined and fated mates. Her heart warms at the thought. He smiles at her and asked." When can I visit the mountain grandma. I would love to know where my mother were born and grew up. Maybe Lan Zhan could go with if it's not a problem ". She looks at him and said. "Any time that you are ready I will take you Wei Ying and yes you can bring your Lan Zhan with". She said with a smile.
" Will asked uncle but I don't think that would be a problem". He said. They talked until a disciple came and in form them that it was time for supper. They thanked him and stood up and made their way towards the dining hall.