Chapter 25

Months had passed since the broken of the engagement and the sect heirs and their disciples had returned to their respective sects. Lan Zhan had become cold and distant. Not only that he had become more aggressive and angry. His father and uncle knows that the alpha inside Lan Zhan is angry and that he is missing his omega even Lan Zhan knew it. So one day when he heard Shu She running his mouth again he punch him so hard in the face all you could here was bones breaking. Picking the man up he punch him over and over until the man was unconscious. Shocked at what happened the disciples standing there could only looked on as the young masters pheromones reeks of anger and resentment. One finally came out of his stupor and made his way quietly towards the sect leaders office while the other disciples try to pry Lan Zhan away from the unconscious Shu She. But to no avail." Lan Wanji". Qinghen-Jun voice vibrated through the courtyard. Lan Zhan's hand stopped mid air and turns his head towards his father. His eyes had a wild look in it. "What do you think you are doing? Go to the ancestral hall now". Qinghen-Jun said with anger and fury in his voice as he walked closer and looking at the unconscious disciple laying on the ground. Lan Zhan stood up and made his way towards the ancestral hall while Qinghen-Jun told the disciples too take the young man to the healers pavilion. Lan Qiren who had join his brother in the meantime just shook his head as the two turns around and made their way to the ancestral hall. Walking in and past a kneeling Lan Zhan they stopped and stood before him before Qinghen-Jun spoke. "I am very disappointed in you Wanji. You could have killed the young man. What had gotten into you?. You take your anger and frustration out on innocent people when you should look within yourself. It is your own fault and nobody else's. So you will receive you will receive a hundred lashes with the discipline planks". He said and nods his head signals to the disciples to start. Lan Zhan did not make a sound he just kneeled there with a stubborn look on his face. When it was done he stood up bow to his father and uncle not letting them know how much his back is hurting but when he walked away you could see a limp in his step. "What are we going to do Qiren? If this goes on any longer he will loose total control over his wolf. Why must things had to come to this? I love my son and only wants his happiness. We have been bombarded with marriage proposals as of lately. I do not know what to do. Can you tell what to do Qiren?. How to help him?". Qinghen-Jun asked his brother." I do not know brother. All of this was avoidable if only Wanji had done what he knew was right at the time. He has brought all of this upon himself and he must sort it out himself because if he does not I am afraid A-Ying will be lost to him forever".  Qiren said.
"What do you mean by that?". Qinghen-Jun asked him as the two walked out of the hall." Just as Wanji had received numerous proposals so has A-Ying. He wrote to me about it. He believes that Wanji never truly loved him as he had not even tried to make contact with him. He is starting to believe that them being a fated pair are not true and only a misguided believe". Qiren told him.
The brothers fell into silence after that making their way to their respective houses. Lan Zhan were soaking his sore back in the cold springs. Angry at himself for losing his temper. Maybe he should go and visit Wei Ying and plead and beg for his forgiveness. That's if he even still wants him.

At the Celestial Mountain Boashan walked towards where her Wei Ying was sitting under one of the plum blossom trees. Seeing her grandson like this is breaking her heart. Since he came, he never smiles the same or laughs. Everything he does is forced. He has not come to her yet and months had already pass so today she instead approached him.
"A-Ying". She says softly as she sits next to him. Wei Ying looks at her and smiles. Her heartbreaks when she saw the tears and pain in his eyes. She pulled him close and hugs him and he let's her. With a small voice he asked." Grandmother will it ever go away?". "What A-Ying?". She asked even though she has an idea of what he is asking." The pain. The hurt. Will it ever go away?". He asked his head safely tucked in her bossom. " One day it would. One day you will feel better again. One day the hurt and pain will go away but you will always remember what made you feel like this in the first place". She answers honestly. Wei Ying nods his head and said."Madame Yu was right. A son of a servant should know his place. He should never aim for higher when he is suppose to be less. What was I thinking. Lan Zhan never liked me or love me. He never cared about me. He made it clear when he did nothing and he is still doing nothing. How I made a fool of myself by saying that am a heir to a whole mountain when all I am is a nobody. Just an omega who is good enough to spread my legs for any alpha who just looks at me". He lifts his head and looks at his grandmother tears rolling down his face." Am I not good enough?. Am I not allowed to love and be loved?. Why does everyone leave me?. Why does nobody wants me?. Please tell me?. Am I cursed by the gods themselves too live a life of misery. Please Grandmother tell me?". She took his face between her hands as the tears rolls down her face also and said. " A-Ying you are not what that woman said. You are special no matter who said what. I love you so much. You deserves all the love and happiness in this world. I wish I could take your pain away my child and make everything better. I wish I could hide you away from this cruel world forever but you are your mother's son and eventually you would want to wonder out into the world again. I wish that things had turn out different between the two of you. But remember this you two are fated and will find your way back to each other again. I believe it with all my heart". Wei Ying shakes his head and said." I don't believe it anymore. Being fated to Lan Wanji. Do you know when he does not like someone he would glare at them and walked away. He would not stand or sit with someone he does not like and yet he sat there his excuse he had to finished the last few characters". Wei Ying laughs and said. " Now you see how I made a fool of myself. While I screamed and shouted like a lunatic and burned his presents. You know what he did. He just stood there. Not saying or doing anything. And when I gave him back the comb. He did nothing. He did nothing to stopped me from leaving. It's been months and yet not one letter. Now tell me Grandmother what is so fated about being with someone who does not value you. What is so fated about someone who does not care about you. We were never meant to be or fated. Never. Do you hear me. Never. I hate him so much that it hurts right here". And he stabbed his finger over his heart." It hurts so bad. I can't sleep. I can't think straight. I can't even eat properly that's how much it hurts and I want it to stop. I want it too stop hurting so much". Boashan grabs him and all she could do is comfort him. Footsteps draw her attention for a moment and when she saw the look on Xingchen face she knew he heard everything. She turns her attention back to her grandson and let out her soothing pheromones. They sat like that until Wei Ying fell asleep from exhausting himself. When she looked up Xingchen was gone. She picked Wei Ying up and carry him to his room.