Chapter 31

Time skip
______________________________________

Two years had passed, and finally, the Lan sect and the Celestial Mountain were getting ready for the wedding of Lan Wanji and Wei Wuxian. It took some doing to get to this point, but thankfully, here they are, finally getting this fated pair to finally become one.

One person who did not have the chance yet to make things right was anxious and exited at the same time.
Yanli feels like even though years had already passed. She could never be truly happy without asking forgiveness from the young man she once considered her little brother. She herself got married one year prior to A-Xuan and is very happy. The Lan and Boashan Sanren and Wei Ying did attended but unfortunately, she did not get the chance to talk to him. She is pregnant with their first pup but still in the early stages, and there fore she can attend the wedding. As they made their way up the stairs, the Cloud Recess was adorn in red satin. Draped beautifully with red laterns, but what caught her eyes were the laterns that were red on one side and white on the other. Two rabbits, both with forehead ribbons on their little heads and red ribbons around their necks. The whole of the cloud recess was also adorn in the soft blue cloud patterns as well as the pink blossoms of the Celestial Mountain. It was just gorgeous. It was so beautifully painted, and she just knew who did it. A small smile adorns her face as her husband looks at her with fondness in his eyes and on his face.

"They are really beautiful. Don't you think A-Xuan?". She asked as she looked at him with so much love in her eyes.
"They are". He said with the same fondness.
"Do you think that he will talk to me. Forgive me for everything that had happened ". She asked as tears swimming in her eyes.
"I believe he will. He is not someone who would carry people in his heart. He is  the most forgiving person I know". Jin Zixuan said reassuringly.
She nodded, and he took her hand, and they made their way further up the stairs. Once they reached the top, they were welcomed by the sect leader, his son, and Boashan and Lan Qiren. Greetings were exchanged, and they were soon whisk off to their quarters.

One by one, the sects arrived. The only sect they did not invite were the Jiang. Not in the mood for their drama and negativity. Soon, all the sects had arrived and were sent to their quarters. Wei Ying were a nervous wreck. Yes, they had waited so long to finally take the final step, and their relationship had just grown from strength to strength over these past two years. Tomorrow will be the final step. They will finally be husbands and start living their life.
They were not allowed to see each other for almost a week and there were so many times he wanted to sneak out and just spend some time with his mate but his grandmother and A-Sang were like glue stuck to him. He once wanted to growl at them out of frustration but thought better of it.

Lan Zhan himself did not have it any better. But at least now he knew that after all these years, he finally can make Wei Ying his. He tried very hard not to think about Wei Ying in his red wedding attire. If Wei Ying looked beautiful in his white gusulan robes, he does not want to even think about how absolutely breathtaking he would look in his wedding attire. Lan Zhan knew that once they had done their three bows that he would never be able to let Wei Ying go. He will never be able to love anyone the way he loves Wei Ying.  Wei Ying would forever hold his heart.

The next morning, as last-minute preparations were being made, Xichen went to his brothers residence to help him get ready. As he neared the jinshi, he could smell how nervous and anxious his brother was. His scent reeks of it, but he could also smell how happy he was, and he felt his heart swell love and proudness.
As he stepped inside, he saw his little brother sitting on the bed looking at him with wide eyes. Wide teary eyes, and he made his way over to him. Kneeling in front of him, he said.
"Do not worry, Wanji, everything will be fine. I know that you are nervous, but remember you are finally marrying the one you love. The two of you can finally be happy and start a life the two of want". He gave his brother a reassuring smile, and Wanji could just nod his head.
"So come let's get my little brother ready for his big day what do you say". Xichen said with a soft smile.
They stood up, and Xichen helped his brother put on the many layers of his wedding robes. Once done, he let him sit in front of the mirror and brushed his hair before he styled it and put his silver Guan on top of his heart. Finally, he put his forehead ribbon on. Looking at his brothers reflection, he could not help but tear up seeing how gorgeous he looked.