We Care About you

Wei Ying is not stupid. He can here the whispers when he is in the classrooms. When he's taking a walk by himself around the Cloud Recess. He can here what they say about him. Not everyone but some even some of the elders. ' What is the sect Leader thinking letting his second son be betrothal to someone without status. He will never be able to give a heir. He is nothing but the son of a servant. We should do something about this some would say'. It hurts his not going to lie. Here he thought that maybe he would not have to go through things like this. His been thinking of calling the whole thing off. He knows his shufus, Xichen-ge and probably Lan Zhan would be disappointed but these people aren't making things easy for him. Then on the other hand he thought. ' Why should he? He also deserves to be happy. He like Lan Zhan alot. He doesn't know if he likes him back or not. But they've become good friends.What if there are more prettier omegas suitable for Lan Zhan. What if they come from more suitable families. His parents were strong and formidable cultivators. They were honorable. Wei Ying continued to walk. Let them talk. Let them say what they want. He can't change their minds about him nor do he have the desire too.

When he round a corner he walked straight into someone. When he look up he saw that it was Lan Zhan.
" Sorry Lan Zhan I didn't see you there. Are you okay?. He asked. Lan Zhan nods his head yes." What are you doing here ". Wei Ying asked him.
" I was looking for Wei Ying. Father and uncle wants to talk to you". Lan Zhan answered. " About what?". Wei Ying asked him. " I don't know. Shall we go". Lan Zhan said. Wei Ying nods his head wondering what his shufus wants to talk about to him. When they arrived at the Hanshi Lan Zhan knocked on the door and wait for permission to enter. Wei Ying was a nervous mess not knowing what's going on or why his shufus wants to talk to him. Shortly after Lan Zhan had knock they heard a voice giving them permission to enter. Once they entered they bowed to two men and Lan Xichen in greeting. When they came up from the greeting Lan Qiren wave them over and told them to take a seat. Xichen poured them tea and the five drink it in silence. The two older men were watching Wei Ying and they could see how nervous he was.

Lan Qiren cleared his throat and Wei Ying looked up at him with uncertain eyes biting his lower lip nervously.
" Wei Ying I know we have said this many times and we know it's probably hard for you to believe these words or us. We know that we are in so many ways strangers to you and it would take time to trust us completely
but you should know that we care about you. We only wants your best interest at heart. We gather that you did not have a easy life at the YunmengJiang sect and we will not force or pressure you to tell us what happened there".Lan Qiren said to Wei Ying who nods head in understanding. " So with that said. Wei Ying is there something you wish to tell us. Something that are happening right here within our sect. You don't have to be afraid. We just want to know". Lan Xichen asked him softly. Wei Ying looks up at him and shakes no. Playing with the hem of his robes and biting his lower lip. ' Why would they asked me this? Did they hear something but how and where? It's not that serious. People talk. They have their own opinions he can't change that. There is any way nothing that they can do about it'. He thought to himself a small frown between his eyebrows. The four Lans watch him closely. This boy would rather endure unfairness and being treated unfairly and with disrespect then to complain. " Are you sure Wei Ying". The sect Leader asked him. And for the first time he wavered just for a second before he nods his head. " Wei Ying it has come to our attention that you are not being treated with the proper respect by some of our elders. That they have saying hurtful things to you. Is it true". The sect Leader asked him. Wei Ying's head snap up and he looked at him with wide eyes. " It's nothing really. I can handle it. God knows have handle worst". He answered with a small smile on his lips.

" You don't need to handle anything Wei Ying. Nor do you have to handle it on your own. You are family and you are my brothers adopted ward. What they are doing is wrong. They are breaking the rules. We did not bring you here to suffer more than you already did. Please would you give us the change to prove that to you". The sect Leader told him. Wei Ying's eyes filled with tears. He did not know what to say. He don't want anyone to get into trouble because of him so he just kept quiet. The four Lans looked at each other not knowing what to do or say. They continued to sit in silence everyone in their own thoughts. Suddenly the sect Leader stood up startling everyone.
" I'm sorry but I will not leave it that like that. Xichen let the elders know that there will be an emergency meeting in half an hour. If they did not heed my first warning maybe this time they will". Wei Ying sprang up.
" Shufu please. What are you going to do?. It's nothing really. You don't have to do anything". He pleaded. " Wei Ying if I do nothing now. They will continue doing it and you will continue suffering. What will that say about me as a sect leader and your shufu. That it is fine to bully the young. That it is fine to hurt others with your words. What if they do worse next time? ". He looked at Wei Ying while talking. Wei Ying had no answer to that. Xichen stood up and walked out to complete his task.