Chapter 20

The next day the as classes starts Wei Ying and Lan Zhan were standing in front backs straight as the heirs and their disciples started to entered the room. Huaisang made sure that he stood next to Wei Ying and Wei Ying gave him a small smile when he saw him. He nods his head and fans himself slowly. The room gradually starts to fill and soon everyone was standing waiting for their teacher not long  Lan Qiren enters with Lan Xichen. They walked to the front and took their places. The disciples all bow as one in greeting and Lan Qiren wave them down to sit. Soon the welcoming ceremony started. The heirs came up one by one and presented their gifts. Once everyone was done the rules was read out loud all two thousand rules. While during the reading of the rules Jin Zixuan has been thinking of what his father had said to him before he left for gusu.' A-Xuan it would be very beneficial if you could make friends with Wei Wuxian and also I send with you your nephew Zixun and your half brother. See that they get the opportunity to meet Wei Wuxian and Lan Xichen. As the next sect Leader take this opportunity to get us some alliances with Gusu and the Celestial Mountain son I'm counting on you'. He knows why his father send those two and he is appalled at the man. He sometimes wished that the man was not his father or even related to him. He came out of his thoughts as he feels someone tapping him on his shoulder. He looked sideways and see that it is his half brother. He raised an eyebrow but he just nods his head to the front. Zixuan looked and they were about half through the rules. He paid attention after that. The disciple that recited the rules finally came to an end which felt like it would go on like forever. Lan Qiren reminds them again that they should follow the rules and that the they are dismissed for today but classes will start at nine promptly the next day. They all stood up and bow before they made their way out of the classroom. Wei Ying, Lan Zhan, Huaisang, Xingchen and Song Lan went out together after everything had left. As they were walking they heard a soft voice calling out to Lan Zhan. They all stopped and turn around as a young lady came walking up to them. She stopped in front of them and bow.
"Second Young Master Lan this one is name Wang Fen. I just thought that I should introduce myself to you". The lot was confuse and found it somewhat funny at the young ladies blatant disrespect towards them but they let it slide. Lan Zhan who has a small frown on his face looks at the young lady and just nods his head. Not wanting to linger any longer he starts to move but she moved swiftly in front of him and said." If second young master would indulge this one. I would like to asked if he could show me around the Cloud Recess ". Now everyone's mouth dropped at her forwardness. "Young lady Wang it would be inappropriate for me to show you around as I am betrothed to Wei Ying and even if I was not it would still not have been fine for me to such a thing. So if you will excuse us we have somewhere to be". Lan Zhan told her. Wang Fen was shocked by his answer so she looks at Wei Ying eyes filled with anger before she turns and walked away.
"That was awkward ". Huaisang said." It was almost to painful to watch. Lan Zhan did you have to shoot her down like that". Wei Ying ask with amusement in his voice as they continue their walk. " Would Wei Ying rather I gave her false hope". He asked as he looks at him. Wei Ying looks at him and said."No that would have been rude". "Looks like things will be quite lively here in the Cloud Recess. Song Lan I am glad that we came. It looks like our Wei Ying got himself some competition here". Everyone laughs but Wei Ying who has a pout on his face. Lan Zhan said." Wei Ying need not worry I only have eyes for him". That brought a smile to his face and Huaisang said." Please don't tell me you guys are gonna be all lovey dovey around us". That brought on another round of laughter.

The next day brought its own drama in the form of the shu she. Once the classes was done the five made their way towards the courtyard when Wei Ying and Lan Zhan heard a all but too familiar voice." The second young master let me tell you. He thinks that he is better than all of us if it wasn't for his family name he would be nothing. I am better than him in every way. I am a better alpha, a better fighter and I am better looking than him". He boosted at whoever he was talking too. Wei Ying took a few steps when Lan Zhan grabs his arm and shook his head but he just shake his hand off and march forward Huaisang on his heels with the other three close behind. Wei Ying stopped before shu she who was still standing there spouting nonsense with a smuck look on his face. Wei Ying's glides over the little lackies standing there when he turns his attention towards shu she." I have a question for you. How are you better than Lan Zhan. I mean yeah you are a alpha but let's be honest here. You are mediocre at best. You try so hard to be him. Copy everything he does even how he talks and walks. A better fighter. I a omega have beaten you more than once in a spar. Where me and Lan Zhan always ends in a draw". He looked with a raised brow at shu she who was turning all shades of red from embarrassment. He open and closes his mouth like a fish outside off water. "The cat got your tongue. You were running it a moment ago did you not disciple shu she". Huaisang was laughing behind his fan while the other three were just smiling. Shu she looks around and without saying a word he turns around and walked away angry. Wei Ying looked at the ones still standing and they quickly made walked away. Wei Ying turns around and said."That guy is going to get it one of these days". "Wei Ying you should not cause trouble". Lan Zhan said. To which Wei Ying just huff and said.
"You are way to soft Lan Zhan. You should just punch him one time and you'll see he will leave you alone".
"Wuxian is right you know. People like him needs to be put in their place. It's been going on for years now and you keeping silent makes him feel that he has the right to bully you". Huaisang told him and the others nods their heads in agreement. Lan Zhan looked between the two and nods his head.
"Wei Wuxian you really think that you are all that. Don't you?". A voice was heard and knowing who it came from he just sighs and turns around.
"Young master Jiang". He bow in greeting but the young man just scowled at him. "Who do you think you are talking to people with such disrespect. Do you think because the Lans took pity on you that you are better then everyone". Jiang Cheng said with anger. Wei Ying looks at him before he turns towards the others and started to walked away. Jiang Cheng's anger flared when he saw that he was being ignored. Knowing that he could not attack the boy he instead said just hard enough to be heard. " I can not wait to finally put you in your place you son of a servant ". He turns on his heels and walks away. "What is his problem?". Song Lan asked. "He is just salty because Wuxian got himself the most desirable and beautiful alpha out of all". Huaisang answers without hesitation. Wei Ying was internally fuming. Lan Zhan was also not doing great. If they did not have the control that they had over their scents then everyone should have known just how furious they were. Xingchen feels for his cousin because it seems that people are conspiring against him. Huaisang vow that he will make sure that nobody will tear these two apart. They did it once all by themselves and that almost turned into a disaster.