Chapter 15

The next day the conference started in full swing. The Lans and the Nies entered the hall together making their way to their appointed seats. The Jin and jiangs came in followed by the smaller sects. Lastly the chief cultivator and his sons entered. Once everyone was seated and were welcomed the conference started. Wei Ying made a note not to look at the jiangs or in their direction. Huaisang was brought up to speed earlier by Wei Ying and he is now watching them over his fan his eyes stuck on the omega who by the looks of it has his eyes on Lan Wanji. He needs to keep an eye on him for sure. His eyes glide over the room but nothing of interest caught his eyes further so he tried just like his friend to pay attention. One sect Leader goes on and on about the same thing just in different ways. The man is either dumb or he has nothing to say really. It went on for about almost ten minutes before the chief cultivator stopped him and his ramblings. " Sect Leader Yoa I believe that you are not the only one with problems. Maybe you should try and find solutions first and I believe it would be good experience for your disciples. Don't you think?". The sect Leader stutter a yes and sat down. After that everything started to went a bit more smoothly. Almost three hours later there was a call for a break which was highly appreciated. Everybody stood up and started to converse with each other while they were waiting for the food and drinks to arrive. Wei Ying and Lan Zhan did not move from their seat. Huaisang moved over to sit next to them. "What do you think? Your first conference?". He asked the two. " Boring so so boring". Wei Ying said and Lan Zhan nods his head in agreement. A-Sang has to agree about that. The three continue to talk until they heard someone clearing their throat and when they looked up their stood Jiang Cheng he was looking at Lan Zhan before he asked." Would second young master wish to join this one on a walk around our sect. I would love to show you around the sect and the market". The three was stunned at the boys boldness but it was expected. " No thank you". Lan Zhan answered and turned his attention back at the other two. Anger started to bubble in his chest but before he could make a scene his sister grab him by his arm and pull him out of the hall.

" A-Cheng what the hell are you think you are doing? Are you and mother trying to get this sect destroyed? Tell me because it sure looks like it". She asked her brother. " A-jie that engagement were supposed to be mine. He stole it from me just like he had stole father's love and affection when he got here". Jiang Cheng said.
" He did not steal anything from you. You were never in the race or even considered. Are you and mother both delusional or what. I've had it with you always doing what that woman wants. When conference is done so am I". She turn to leave when she heard her brother say. " I will get him. We will have another strong alliance with another great sect. If you want to leave so badly then go we don't need you". He all but sneered at his sister. She just shakes her head and walked away. Jin Zixuan was looking for Yanli his mother's orders. Why does his mother insist that he should bond with her he do not know he does not even like her. All fairness it was not his intention to overhear the two siblings conversation but when he heard Yanli talked with such conviction a warmth grew in his heart. He did not know that she was so strong and resilient. He just grew some respect for her. As she walked past him, he hides himself behind a pillar he promised himself that he will talk to her later maybe when she has calmed down. Not long just before he could come out of his hiding place the brother came walking past thunder on his face. No wonder he can't find a mate. Who would want to be bonded with such a angry person Jin Zixuan thought to himself. When he deem it safe enough he step out from behind the pillar and made his way back to the hall where food will soon be served.

As soon as it is announced that food will be serve the Lans and the Nies excused themselves and left the hall. Eyes followed them and whispers starts to fill the hall. It seems that the Lans and the Nies won't be having lunch with them in the hall as they are seeing walking towards the gates of the sect. They wondered what could have happened for them to leave and eat outside. As they walked out of the gate they made their way towards the market to find an inn. Wei Ying grab Lan Zhan and A-Sang hands and drag them from stall to stall. The uncle's and brothers just watch on with amusement. The place was loud and lively unlike Caiyi Town but Lan Zhan did not mind not when he is with his Wei Ying. He bought everything Wei Ying wanted even if he just touched it. Wei Ying looked back and waves the others over as he steer the other two towards a inn. They went inside and the inn owner came over immediately and Wei Ying asked for a private room where they could eat their lunch. The owner steer them up the stairs, showed them to a room and took their order. Mingjue was fuming with anger after Xichen told him what had happened the day before. " That woman needs to be put in her place. Who does she think she is treating a child like that". He said looking around the table before his eyes landed on Wei Ying who said with head hanging low. He slowly shooks his head and said to Wei Ying. " Lift your head up. You do not owe them anything. Do you hear me? Do not allow her to step on you anymore. Learn to stand up against her. Do not give her anymore power over your life and happiness". Wei Ying lifted his head up and looked at his family and then his eyes met Mingjue who continues and said. " Just as I will protect my little brother so I will protect you from this day forward. I hate people like her who thinks that they are entitled to just get everything and not care who they have to step on. You deserve happiness, to beloved and cared for just as her pathetic son". Wei Ying had tears rolling down his face as stood up and went around the table and gave Mingjue a hug because right now he had no words to express how thankful he was. Mingjue hold him tightly and hug him. A-Sang was a crying mess also so he stood up and join the hug. Hugging and comforting the two omegas he looked at the others and asked. " So what are we going to do now?". Suprsing everyone and before any one could answer A-Sang lifts his head and said. " She is not the only one we have to worry about. Her son has his sight set on Lan Wanji". After that he laid his head back on his brothers shoulder and took his Wei Ying's hand in his giving it assuring squeeze. Wei Ying gave him a small smile and press back.