Chapter 28

Lan Zhan searched for a quiet place and finally found one. It looks like a private garden ,but right now, he did not care if trespassing. Wei Ying needs to calm down, and so he sits down and lets out his soothing pheromones to calm him down, rubbing soothing circles with his hand on Wei Ying's back. It took some time, but eventually, Wei Ying calmed down but refused to look at Lan Zhan. He kept his face in nape of his neck, inhaling deeply the sandalwood scent. "Wei Ying, can you look at me, please?" Lan Zhan asked him softly, but he refused to.
"Wei Ying, please." He asked again, and Wei Ying just shook his head, and Lan Zhan sighed softly. "Wei Ying, if you don't look at me, then we can't talk. You do want to talk, right?". Lan Zhan asked again, and Wei Ying nodded his head and slowly started to lift it. Then he leaned back and looked at Lan Zhan. Their eyes met, and Wei Ying started to talk as his eyes started to water again." I'm sorry, Lan Zhan...I'm sorry for hurting you... I am sorry for not giving you a chance to explain...I am sorry for assuming without asking first...I am so sorry I don't know how to make this right...I hurt you and I don't know how to make it right.. can you forgive me.. Will you be able to Lan Zhan...will you ever trust me again..". Wei Ying rambles as he looks at Lan Zhan, who lifts his hands and tenderly wiped the tears from his cheeks. "Wei Ying, I was never angry at you bit at myself. I should've been more firm with them. Instead, I was too lenient.. I am also sorry for hurting you. We will learn together to trust each other again. Together, we will work through this. And no running away again. " He said, and Wei Ying just nodded his head. "Lan Zhan, what do we do now?". Wei Ying ask in soft voice. Lan Zhan looked at him and said. "We start from the beginning. Instead of honoring a promise, we should honor each other instead. We did what was expected of us instead of what we wanted. Wei Ying, I love you, and I always will even if things don't work out, any yet I am willing to try again if you are willing. " He said with serious expression on his face. Wei Ying bite his lower lip and said. "Lan Zhan, there will never be anyone else in my heart but you. I will never be able to love another. You make me whole inside and out. You are my beginning and my end. It can never be another. I love you too, Lan Zhan. " Wei Ying said as he looked at the alpha before him. Lan Zhan whispers softly. "If Wei Ying wants, I can court him again." Wei Ying laughs and said. "No more courting. It's way too much work, and it's tiring. " Lan Zhan smiled for the first time and said." Whatever Wei Ying wishes." Wei Ying shook his head and said." Whatever, we wish Lan Zhan. No more pleasing only me. We do this. We do it together like you said or did you forget. " Lan Zhan pulled him close and inhaled Wei Ying's cinnamon scent, taking deep breaths. "We can do this together, Lan Zhan. I can not live without that much, I know. You will always be my alpha. " Wei Ying said into Lan Zhan's embrace. "Wei Ying will always be my omega." Lan Zhan whispers, but Wei Ying heard him just fine. They sat in each others embrace until they heard hurried footsteps coming towards them, and they lifted their heads and looked in the direction. Huaisang came into view panting as he came to stop in front of them. "What's wrong?". Wei Ying asked as he got off Lan Zhan's lap. When Huaisang finally got his breathing under control, he said."I finally found the two of you. I am not built to run this much. I mean, have you seen me. My feet are killing me right now. I swear they will be filled with blisters tomorrow. "
"Huaisang." Wei Ying said with concern. "Why did you look for us?".
Huaisang looked confused for a hot second before it dawned on me why he was looking for them. "Ah, how do I say this without sounding like an uncaring person and that i had enjoyed every minute of it while i was watching Ziyuan get what she deserved. Which I am, by the way, but your grandmother beat the living hell out Ziyuan. I mean, she almost killed her. She whipped her so badly that even I don't feel sorry for the excuse of an existence. " Wei Ying and Lan Zhan looked shocked at him before Lan Zhan stood up and grab Wei Ying's hand and Wei Ying grab Huaisang hand and the three walked back as fast as they can while Wei Ying asked questions and Huaisang answers.

They arrived at the hall and found that the other smaller sects had all arrived. The three made their way over to where the Lan, Mingjue, and
Boashan was standing. Scanning the room, they did not see Jiang. They stopped in front of them.
"Grandmother, what happened? I can't leave you alone for one minute without you causing trouble". Wei Ying said with a pout as he looked at his grandma with a smile in his eyes.
"Well, she had it coming for many years now, and she had been grating on my last nerve". She said with no remorse in her voice.
Wei Ying started laughing and gave his grandma a hug when a very familiar voice talked behind them.
"Second Young Master Lan, what a pleasure to meet you again after such a long time". Wang Fen said, and they turned around as she bowed towards the elders, then Lan Wanji,ignoring the presence of Wei Wuxian. Lan Wanji nodded his head and turned towards Wei Ying, who had a crooked smile on his face. Huaisang flipped his fan open and starts to fan himself slowly, looking at the young lady then between the two just as Lan Zhan puts his arm around Wei Ying's waist and pulled him close. Huaisang brought the fan up higher and smile behind it when he saw what Wanji did and how big Wang Fens eyes went when she saw it. Interesting.