Chapter 19

The time for the studies at the Cloud Recess finally arrived. Wei Ying were 15 and Lan Zhan 17 years old. The influx in heirs and disciples both omegas and alphas were taken into consideration. The omegas would be housed in a separate part of the Cloud Recess far away from the alphas to avoid any trouble or misunderstandings. Wei Ying was not particularly please to see the Jiang sect heir again. They had not run into him so this will be the first time since the last conference at the YungmiangJiang sect. Uncle decided that maybe he just needed to be around other sect heirs and see how they conduct themselves. He also felt that the classes would benefit him in the long run but if anything should happens he would be sent home immediately. So here they are waiting for the five sect heirs and their disciples as well as some of the smaller sect heirs and disciples. The five of them were standing at the top off the stairs when the first of the sects arrived who was the Celestial Mountain disciples and Xiao Xingchen and Song Lan. Wei Ying could not contain his excitement as he wave at the two in front as they made their way up the stairs. Xichen gave a small smile seeing the joy and excitement on his little brothers face. Once Xingchen and Song Lan reached the top Wei Ying excitedly introduced them to the three Lans and shortly greetings were exchanged and the two and the disciples were shown to their living quarters. Not long the Nie heir and his disciples arrived. Next was the Jin heir and his disciples. Behind the Jin sect were the YungmiangJiang sect and the look on the sect heirs face as he looks at Wei Ying. Wei Ying gave him a raised eyebrow almost challenging him to say or do something but Jiang Cheng kept his mouth shut as he bow in greeting.
'You will not bring shame to the sect. You will not let us loose face. Do you hear me A-Cheng. You are the sect heir and you will show the others that we are not to be messed with. Remember you are above all of them'. The memory and his mother's voice run through his head. He lifts his head and soon they were shown to their quarters. Soon all of the sects were shown to their respective quarters. Wei Ying turns towards his family and said."Xichen-ge I see you have an admirer and Lan Zhan it seems your worst nightmare just made an appearance ". He laughs at look on their faces."Wuxian behave please and stay away from the YungmiangJiang sect heir". Lan Qiren said but Wei Ying just said."Why? This is my home and I have had enough of running away from people with the likes of him. Seems I will be having my hands full then. Let's not forget about Shu She that boy been testing my limits for a while now. Right Lan Zhan ". "Wei Ying is right. This is Wei Ying's home no need to hide himself". "Wuxian just inform me if I need to send any letters or the healers. And what are you talking about Xichen having an admirer". Qinghen-Jun asked him."Did uncle not see the young man and how he looks at Xichen-ge. He was with the Jin sect". Wei Ying answered innocently. Xichen shooks his head and said." Wuxian are you trying to set your older brother up. No need to of your thinking about it. I know already someone I'm interested in who knows maybe there is a place for one more. You never knows". He said as he  turns around and walked away as his family looks on with mouths agape.
"Lan Zhan do you know who it is and why is it a secret. Maybe Huaisang knows who it is? Going to asked him after the welcoming dinner". Wei Ying said as he walked also away not waiting for Lan Zhan to answer. Qinghen-Jun and Lan Qiren shook their heads and thought  it is going to be a long year for sure. Lan Zhan made his way to the jingshi as the two brothers made their way towards the hanshi.

The Lans and Wei Ying entered the dining hall after all the sects were already present. Different scents hang in the air. Some filled with excitement. Some filled with jealousy. Some filled with envy and hatred. Wei Ying scrunches his nose. He knows that it is rude to do it but it could not be helped. The Lans were not bothered at all as they made their way to the front of the dinning hall. They looked over the hall as soon as the reached the front and turned around. The heirs and disciples bow in greeting before standing up straight again. They received a nod from the front. Qinghen-Jun cleared his throat discreetly before he starts to speak.
"As the sect Leader I would like to welcome you all to the Gusulan sect and the Cloud Recess. I do hope that you follow our rules to the best of your ability. Those who does break the rules just know that they would be punish accordingly. While here you will respect each other. My brother who is Lan Qiren will also say a few words before we starts to eat". "I will be your teacher this year for most of your classes and it warms my heart to see so many eager faces. I would suggest that you take this time as sect heirs to get to know each other. Be mindful of your words towards each other. As you know this year we omegas and alphas who would be sharing the same classrooms. You will control your scents while being in each others company or in the classroom. I will not stand for it if a alpha uses his scent to intimidate an omega if find out that you did that. You will be expell immediately. If you start a fight unprovoked. You also will be expell. We will not stand for any disruptions. You understand". He asked with a stern voice. The disciples and heirs said in one voice that they understands. After that they got permission to sit down and soon the servants entered with the food and teapots. Wei Ying made himself comfortable next to Lan Zhan before he allow his eyes to roam over the hall not looking for anyone in particular when his eyes landed on a young lady who are looking at him with a death glare. A small crease forms between his eyes as he is trying to remember if he had seen her before but a drew a blank. He turns his head slightly and asked.
"Lan Zhan do you know that young lady". Lan Zhan's eyes follows Wei Ying's as he looks back at the young lady. The moment she realise that Lan Zhan's eyes are on her she let her eyes down. Wei Ying found it amusing and just shook his head.
"Don't know her. It is the first time I'm seeing her". Lan Zhan answers him. He made a oh sound with his mouth and the two starts to eat in silence according to the Lan rules.