Chapter 27

When Wei Ying received the butterfly message months ago at first he did not know how to feel about Lan Zhan's message, but one thing he knew and was sure of was that he also loves Lan Zhan and so he made the conscious choice to wait. His heart was happy that day and he felt lighter but something was amiss. He knew now that he had overreacted in some way. That he had blew things out of proportion and he don't know how to make it right. Does he even deserve Lan Zhan's forgiveness. So every day he would write a letter of apology to Lan Zhan but he never send it, and so months passed since Lan Qiren and Lan Xichen and Huaisang had came to visit. He does not have the energy to train or to do anything so he would just moped around until his grandmother could not take it anymore. In a few days the next discussions conference would be held in Qishan Wen sect and they will be attending for the first time as a sect and part of the cultivation world. "A-Ying we will be leaving the Qishan Sect tomorrow morning at the earliest so go pack your things please". Boashan told him." Do I have to go with. Can't I stay here and grandmother can take Xingchen and Song Lan with". Wei Ying asked. She shakes her head and said." No you are going. You are my heir and Xingchen and Song Lan can't go with not after what they did and you know it". His grandmother said leaving no room for any more discussion as she turns and walked away. Wei Ying sighs and walked towards his rooms. He haven't seen Lan Zhan in months since the incident in the Cloud Recess and he also hasn't been back there. He felt nervous and anxious of seeing him again. What will happen when they see each other again. Will Lan Zhan even go with his father to the conference he wonders. He walked into his rooms and made his way towards his closet and started to take out his robes and starts to pack. Once he was done he went and lay on his bed. His mind kept on circling back to his former fiance. Xichen-ge would always tells him when writes to him that Lan Zhan is doing fine but he would like to see with his own to eyes that it is true. Yes he is a coward for not answering Lan Zhan's message but back then he was still hurt and trying to figure things out. He only realizes to late that he had hurt Lan Zhan with his words and actions and he does not know anymore if he deserves him. How did things get so messed up between them. Will they ever overcome this and move forward even just as friends. Who knows. He closed his eyes. He has never misses someone so much the way he misses Lan Zhan and his scent. That soothing and comforting sandalwood scent. Will he even be willing to talk to him, listen to him. He sighs softly and opened his eyes before he stood up and walked put of his room, making his way towards his grandmother's rooms. He knocked on the door and waited until she gave him permission to enter. He slides the door opened and walked inside. He saw her sitting at the low table and joins her as soon as she waves him over. " What's on your mind A-Ying?". She asked and Wei Ying thought to himself. She knows me so well." Grandmother do you think Lan Zhan would want to talk to me? I mean we haven't seen each other in months and I just don't know how things will be when we see each other. I don't even know if he is going to be there. What if he does not want to see or talk to me? I have really messed up. Haven't I?"
He said as he looked at her."A-Ying if you wishes to talk to A-Zhan I do not think that he will ignore you. Tell him how you feel. Let him know how sorry you are. I am sure that he probably feels the same way. We all messed up in some point of our lives but that does not mean that we can't try to make things right. All we can do is try and trust that the other person are also willing to try. The two of you need to talk and sort this out. It will be fine you will see A-Ying. Stop worrying". Boashan told him. "I hope that you are right grandmother?". He said with a small smile on his face. "A-Ying you have to trust yourself and A-Zhan. I heard it was also not easy on him. He took a few months and went out on his own. Yes the two of you may not have communicated with each other but the heart never forgets. I do not know nor understand why you young people always makes such a mess. Instead of talking things out you ran away now look at you all nerves and anxious. Just walk up to him and asked if the two of you could talk and just maybe you can sort things out". She told him as he looks at her with sad eyes. She stood up and walked around the table and sat down next to him and hug him sideways. "Grandma believes the two of you will work this out and be stronger then you were before. This life is full of ups and downs. You just need to know how to navigate my son". Wei Ying nods his head as he hugs his grandma back and said.
"Thank you grandma". "Always". She said to him. After sometime the two had some tea and talked some more before Wei Ying returned to his rooms for the night.