Chapter 17

In the YungmiangJiang sect the sect leaders were still reeling from what happened and what they have heard. Many had believed that Wei Wuxian was Jiang Fengmian's bastard child but now they are sure that it was only rumors. Boashan Sanren is his grandmother an Immortal at that. They will have to be more careful from now on as it seems that three major sects are now in alliance with each other as Boashan Sanren has stated that she will be joining the cultivation world and opening her mountain. That could only mean that things are about to change drastically in the cultivation world. They talked amongst each other wondering how they could align themselves with the Immortal and the Celestial Mountain. Yu Ziyuan was her usual self after hearing the sect leaders talking and even the disciples,she was fuming and furious. Anger rolled of her as she walked around. Many of the sect leaders would stop talking as soon as they spot her while others just paid her no mind and kept on talking. Her husband on the other hand are starting to realise just what a big mistake he had made letting Wei Wuxian go with the Lans.

Lady Jiang was sitting in her private chambers when she heard a knock on her door. She stood up and opened the door and infront of her stood a Jin disciple. He bow to her and greeted her before he stretched his hand out and handed her a sealed note. Confused she asked him.
"Who send this note". The disciple answered. "It is from our young master lady Jiang". She smiles at him and thanked him once he was gone she walked back towards her table and sat down. She opened the note and read it.' Dear Lady Jiang. This one would like to asked if the young lady would like to spend a afternoon with this humble one. I would love to get to know you better. I hope that you will give a positive response to my request.Yours truly. Jin Zixuan'. Lady Jiang felt her heart bloom as happiness sets in. Wondering what happened to brought on this request but whatever it was she is glad now this opportunity she would not let slip through her hands. With slight shaking hands she took a piece of parchment and ink and wrote a reply back.' Dear sect heir Jin this one will be honored to spend some time with you. Me, myself would also like to get to know you better. Any day would be fine with me. Yours truly Jiang Yanli'. She dripped a small drop of her favorite lotus perfume on the note and give it to her personal servant to deliver to Jin Zixuan. The rest of the day she was smiling and humming sweet tunes to herself.

Jin Guangshan for once was not stirring up trouble even though the man lived on gossip and making trouble for others. Right now he is scheming in his head. Trying to figure out how to get a foothold in the three sects. The wheels in his head is turning non stop until he recall a incident on his sons birthday when one boy came to koi tower claiming to be his son. If he remembered correctly the boy was an omega and the eldest Lan boy is a Alpha. He did not seem interested in anyone maybe he could send out some disciples to locate the boys where abouts. The boys name if he remembers correctly was Meng Yao yes he just had to make sure first. He smiles to himself behind his fan while his eyes are scanning the courtyard where everyone is standing around and talking. Soon very soon he will be part of that alliance he will make sure of it.

Jiang Cheng is still pissed off at his sister and mostly at Wei Wuxian. He will show him. What makes him so special. He will make sure that he will regret the day he cross paths with him. He does not care who his grandmother is. Lan Wanji belongs to him and him alone. He needs to get his father to get him to study at the Cloud Recess with an excuse to him needs to learn how to be a great sect Leader someday. How to be better at any and everything. He will show that son of a servant that he is no push over. He knows his mother will back him up. Even if he can break them up he will be satisfied seeing that Wei Wuxian suffer. He will make him suffer. He will not be second best to that orphan no he will not.

The week of the discussion conference went by after that with out anything interesting happening. Lady Jiang and Jin Zixuan had a lovely afternoon and they had the opportunity to get to know each other. A promise of a visit to koi tower in end and then the sects were leaving one by one and things returned to normal in the YungmiangJiang sect once again. With the screams of the sect madam ringing throughout the sect her son doing the same thing. Some of the disciples especially the younger ones could not take it anymore and they started to leave the sect. Not long many more started to do the same. Their reasons. They can not take the abuse from the sect madam and her son anymore as the sect Leader are just standing by and do nothing. Some joining the smaller surrounding sects and some traveled even as far as gusu to join their sect. Jiang Fengmian could not take it anymore so he called his wife and son to his office. As they sat around the table he starts." I can not allow the two off you to keep chasing our disciples away with your attitudes. We are losing more and more disciples everyday and it is all because the two of you". Yu Ziyuan looks at him with a scowl on her face and say." Oh so now you have something to say. Is it my fault if they can not even do basic sword stances. Let them leave if they want to we can get more disciples who can be better. Do you think I care about those that had left". She said with a raised voice. "Yu Ziyuan please you must understand if we keep losing disciples then one of these days we might as well close our doors ". He said almost defeated.
"So it my fault. If you did not bring that street rat into my sect then none of this would have happened. You should have just left him on the streets because look where it got us and it's all because of him. He even took A-Cheng's only chance off happiness away and you did nothing about it but I will not stand for it. Do you hear me Fengmian". She gritted through her teeth. Fengmian hang his head for a moment before he asked. "What do you want me to do?". She looked at her son then her husband and said." I want you to sooth things over with the Lans. I want you to make sure that there will be a alliance through marriage with us and the Lans and I do not need to remind you to remember who is your son by blood. Do I now?. I do not care how you will do it. I just want it to be done. Do you hear me Fengmian". He just nods his head in agreement and then mother and son left.

In the Cloud Recess the week went by to fast for Wei Ying. He was enjoying the time he got to spend with his grandmother but as soon as she had to leave he cried heaps of tears not want her to go. The promise of visits are doing nothing to appease him no. Maybe it was the fear of loosing his grandmother also. Maybe it is the fear of her going away and leaving him behind that reminds him of the time his parents also left with the promise of coming back and they never did all he knows is that he do not want her to go. It took quite awhile for her to calm him down. "A-Ying grandmother promise that before you know it will be time for you and A-Zhan to visit. I also do not want to go but I have things to do and prepare my disciples and inform them that our mountain will not be secluded anymore. You will also get a chance to meet everyone. I love you and I will not leave you my son". She said as tears shines in her eyes looking at the tearful eyes of her grandson. "You promise. You will not leave me". He asked while looking at her. "I promise I will not leave you". She said with a soft smile before she turns to the rest and said." I will take my leave now but we will see each other soon. A-Zhan look after my A-Ying for me and the two of you should behave yourselves. I can not wait to show you where I live. See the two of you soon". Lan Zhan bow and said." I will look after Wei Ying and make sure that he is safe grandmother. We can not wait". She nods her head and all of them bow and then she left with a last kiss on Wei Ying's forehead and then she was gone. "A-Ying are you fine?. Do not worry before you know the two of you will be visiting your grandmother ". Qinghen-Jun told him. Wei Ying smile and nods his head tears still shining in his eyes.

They turn around and walked back towards their residence. Lan Zhan took Wei Ying's hand who looks confuse at him and Lan said."Bunnies". Wei Ying smiles and said." Ah Lan Zhan you know just how to make me feel beter". Lan Zhan shyly nods his head and the others smiles at them. Lan Qiren looks at Xichen and said." I think that Xichen would also like to visit the bunnies. Is it not right Xichen". Xichen smiles and says." I would love to. I have not visit them in some time". Wei Ying bursts out laughing and grab Xichen hand and pulled him along. "Qiren you can leave the two boys alone. I do not think anything would happen between the two of them". Qinghen-Jun said to his brother. "Did you see how your son looks at my A-Ying? He looks as if he would eat my A-Ying alive and I would not have that". Lan Qiren answered while his eyes are still on the retreating backs of the three boys. "Ah you take things to serious. Let them be young and carefree". Qinghen-Jun said with laughter in his voice at his brothers answer. "They can be young and carefree all they want but within limits thank you very much". With that said Qiren turns on his heels and walked towards the lanshi hearing his brothers laughter behind him. Qinghen-Jun just shook his head and went towards his office.

The boys reached the bunny field and sat down. Soon the bunnies came hopping towards them and starts to sniff them. Lan Zhan took out some carrots from his sleeve and gave some to Wei Ying and his brother. They started to feed the little ones in silence. The peace they felt with just doing this is so intoxicated and it in itself brought peace within them. When they were done each of them took a bunny and softly and slowly pets them when Wei Ying. "What do you think would happen now?". The brothers were confuse with the question and Xichen asked."What do you mean Wuxian?". "About Boashan being my grandmother and me being the heir to the Celestial Mountain. I mean i am still getting used to it. Will they treat me different now or still the same?". Wei Ying asked looking at the two brothers before Lan Zhan answers. " Wei Ying will always be Wei Ying to me. They probably will to gain favor from grandmother. Some of these sects are very greedy and they would do anything to get on top". "True that Wanji is saying so we must be extra cautious from now on. You do not know what they will do or how low they will stoop to get what they want". Xichen said. After that they sat in deep thought and silence for awhile. Not long they heard footsteps behind looking around they saw Qinghen-Jun and Lan Qiren standing there and Wei Ying waved them over the two walked over and sat down next to the three boys. The five men sat there enjoying the quiet and peace and the serene of the Cloud Recess. Their lives will change that's for sure . They do not know how but they need to be ready for anything.