Chapter II - The Defective Products That is Class-D

It was a little before a month has passed since I had arrived here at the Advanced Nurturing High School. It's as I thought, I've failed to make any friends. Though it was expected, it was a rather upsetting prediction at that. Everyone was already divided into cliques and I hadn't interacted with anyone. I've only come learn of my classmate's names by overhearing their conversations.

Other than Ichinose and Horikita, whom I've already known at the start of the first day, I've learned of Hirata Yousuke, a popular individual, especially among the girls. There was also Kushida Kikyou, an influential girl who has probably made plenty of friends here. She seemed like she knew everyone in our class already. Then there was also the people who were labeled as the three idiots, Ike, Yamauchi, and Sudou. Even though they're 'idiots', at least people know of them. The only people who knows my name up to this point is Ichinose and Horikita who didn't even ask for mine but instead looked at the plaque on the back of my seat like I did with hers at the start.

I wasn't particularly interested in making any conversation with anyone up to this point in my life, not anymore anyways, but it couldn't have killed me to be somewhat social at the very least.

Anyways, class continued as per usual. Students we're talking amongst themselves, using phones, some even slept. No one really cared about what Chabashira-sensei was saying up on the board, me included. Since I've already learned of the things being said, it would be pointless for me to pay attention so I simply looked up at clock, watching time go by until it finally rang.

When class was over, I was packed up and continued my daily routine of wake up, go to school, go to the dorm. Over the days I've been here, nothing really interesting has happened but it's better if you compare it to that place. Just as I was about to leave, a lone girl walked up to me.

"Ayanokouji-kun. Can I have a moment?"

It was none other than Ichinose Honami. I knew she would be popular at some point but every time I walked back to the dorms, I often heard conversations about her between many people from different classes, she's probably more popular than both Hirata and Kushida combined.

"Huh? Me?" I said. At this point I was surprised she remembered my name, I haven't really talked to her since the start of school so I figured she must've forgotten.

"Yeah, can I have a moment?"

"Okay, is there something I can help you with?"

"Mhm, me and a few girls were planning on going to Keyaki Mall today. I was wondering if you want to come with us. Unless you already have plans today."

Wait a minute. Something isn't adding up here. When I got that invitation I was conflicted. First of all, I have only talked to Ichinose once. Second, I didn't hear the word 'boys' in that sentence. This indicates a party of mainly girls, just the thought of it makes me more nervous than fighting against any other students that that place had to offer.

"I don't have any plans in particular but are you sure you want someone like me to tag along? I feel like I'll only end up getting in the way."

"Yes, I'm absolutely positive I want you to join me."

It seems she didn't even try to pick up on my feelings and continued to persist. If there would've been at least other guy that joined then maybe I would've considered but from the sound of things, it was just girls. Anyhow, more concerns just keep coming up the further our conversation continues, concerns like 'Is this a set up?' or, 'Is she just taking pity on me?'. But since I don't want to be rude, I had to surrender. No matter what angle I try  or what excuse I make, Ichinose had this determination in her eyes; almost like she caught her prey and doesn't want to let it go.